Dantonio - Lost my respect.

Stogy

Is it me, or did anyone else lose ALOT of respect for Dantonio. Complaining about the helmet to helmet call while the player is obviously hurt bad, complaining about the obvious hold on DJK, and complaining about the last 15 seconds. Those come to mind, but seeing him and his players react after that hit really made me shake my head.

I AGREE WHAT PART OF CONTACT ABOVE THE SHOLDER PADS DONT THEY UNDERSTAND .....AND THERE IS NO NEED TO STAND OVER HIM AND JUMP AROUND LIKE AND IDIOT AFTERWORD......IT SUCKS TO GET SOMEBODY LAYED OUT LIEK THAT OVER ABOUT A HALF YARD THAT DONT EVEN MATTER......

I have always liked the guy, but felt that was a call he should have known was correct, also didnt like his whining at the press conference. But I do respect how his team came to play

I think he was probably more upset with the amount of time it took to throw the flag rather than the flag itself. It took like 2 minutes after the play before the flag was thrown, and to that end, I can't blame him for being upset. I'm sure he'll watch the replay and understand why it was thrown because it was so horribly blatant. That kid who made that hit should be disiplined.

Everyone always talks about how much they like him, but I haven't been able to take him seriously since he was baited into that "Big Brother, Little Brother" exchange with Mike Hart in 2006. You're an adult, and a leader, so act like it.

I think he was probably more upset with the amount of time it took to throw the flag rather than the flag itself. It took like 2 minutes after the play before the flag was thrown, and to that end, I can't blame him for being upset. I'm sure he'll watch the replay and understand why it was thrown because it was so horribly blatant. That kid who made that hit should be disiplined.

I think the officials realized that it would set a dangerous precedent not to throw that flag - the defender has a responsbility to execute a clean, under control tackle...neither could be said about Ware's hit. It may not have been so obvious to them in realtime, but when the receiver seizes immediately after the hit then they have a responsibility to the players (in this game and any other) to call that an illegal hit. I don't care if the MSU fans were upset, it was the right call.

That said, I was completely disgusted by the booing in the stadium while Sandeman was still on the ground. I don't care if you're being penalized or if you agree with the call - you do not boo when someone gets hurt, showed me the true colors of MSU fans (when it's the entire stadium, its tough to play the "some ruin it for all" card).

Norm Parkers knows him personally and has a ton of respect for him a person and coach and has said so publicly. That easliy outweighs anything that happened in the game last night. I'd give him a pass.

before the game the announcers on various networks were saying that Dantonio was a mirror image of KF. BULLS%$^. KF would never act like a classless idiot after a tough loss like that. both teams came to play and the kids played their ***** off on both teams. When he should be leading by example and trying to repair his teams obvious confidence loss and anguish, he's complaining about officials! KF has more class in his little finger than Dantonio will ever have. By the way, I love the HAWKEYES!

I agree that it is just tough to be gracious when you lose a game like that. The officiating was a little bit off here and there... I am sure that Kirk was not completely happy with it either.

DAnatonio will learn from it.

I will give the guy a pass, it was a heated emotional game. I did wonder if he was questioning how iowa got 4 cracks at the enzone with 15 secods left. He sounded like he couldn't believe it could happen. Hey it was their guy operating the clock. LOL

I will give the guy a pass, it was a heated emotional game. I did wonder if he was questioning how iowa got 4 cracks at the enzone with 15 secods left. He sounded like he couldn't believe it could happen. Hey it was their guy operating the clock. LOL

Actually, the clock operator is an impartial person selected by the Big 10. However, with the quick passes Stanzi was throwing, there shouldn't be any problem getting those plays off in 15 seconds.

totally agree here, everyone at my house watching couldnt believe the way he was acting when someone is knocked out on the field.pretty classless in my opinion.

I was a little upset that Dantonio was arguing the call as Sandeman was laid out. I can't say I lost any respect for him because of it. I also thought he handled the post game interview on the BTN fairly well considering. He did question the 3 plays in 15 seconds a couple of times, but the studio hosts thought he would agree on the clock once he watched the replay. He is a good guy!

Exactly. The clock operator may supposed to be impartial but if that is how you think it works in the real world you're kidding yourself. The clock operator was, to his credit, being honest and not just letting the clock run out on us. There's more than one reason that it is called 'home field advantage'.

To those of you who give Dantonio a pass I say BS the guy totally showed his *** the other night. Classless and unprofessional. And if he didn't like all the penalties then he should have told his players to quit commiting them.

DT is really gonna scream when his player is suspended by the league. I have watched it about 15 times, there is no way I give that kid a pass. Sandeman is straight vertical (that's 6+ feet of target) and the kid went straight for his head. Uncalled for...and he should be suspended.

I'm in the camp of lost respect. This guy is no KF in my mind. To complain and whine about being flagged for helmet to helmet contact while a player is lying out on the field motionless. That's bush league. I really thought he was paralyzed. There's only one way that i know of the you are knocked out cold on field and that's being struck on the head.

If college FB and the Big Ten were serious about cleaning this type of play up they would suspend this guy. He made no attempt to tackle and it was not like Colin ducked down. This was no accident and his whinning made this look acceptable. I would have yanked that guy off the field and put him on the bench.

I'm all for physical play and enjoy watching it but dirty play is dirty play in my book and reflective of the coach.

I've had respected the guy in the past.....I think I'll take Norm's advice and give
him another chance.....but he definitely was not impressive.

I have always liked the guy, but felt that was a call he should have known was correct, also didnt like his whining at the press conference. But I do respect how his team came to play

Anyone got a link to his post game presser? I'd like to hear him.

Did you see him after the game when Darrel Wilson came up to shake his hand and Dantonio looked at him like, is the game really over? HIs comment on the helmet to helmet shows no class.

I'll respect how he had his team prepared and playing hard, but thats about it. That being said, I think the lack of class he showed was a great representation of the fan base at the game that night. It was nauseating sitting there listening to everyone around me booing and chanting while Sandeman walked off the field...obviously he was faking the seizure right after the hit....if I never make it back to Spartan Stadium I'll be perfectly fine with that.