Dana Altman Quotes

Yup, those six hour teaching days and 182 work days a year are brutal. Teachers and coaches work. They do not work any harder than anyone else. They also have more free time than most, and that includes high school coaches.
And seriously, are you a teacher? Manditory??? Try mandatory..
Nope not a teacher . Off season workouts are not mandatory but they were for me everyday because I had to be there open up and lock up and stay there while they’re there. So 8am to 9pm at night was a normal day for me

Yup, those six hour teaching days and 182 work days a year are brutal. Teachers and coaches work. They do not work any harder than anyone else. They also have more free time than most, and that includes high school coaches.
Lol @ "more free time than most"

Kept going on and on about how poorly his team played against Iowa. We didn't move the ball, we didn't run in transition, we didn't execute in transition. Not one mention about how Iowa took them out of their offensive sets and forced them into tough shots. Not one mention about Iowa's transition defense and making sure they didn't get anything easy. Not one mention about how Iowa was working the glass and getting to all the loose balls.

Hey dickhead...your team got beat by a team playing better than you are. Give the other team credit please.
You are looking for humbleness, an ability to acknowledge success in others, maturity, honesty, accountability in the coaching ranks of high $$$ college BB? Good luck.

You can stay in the little boys corner I will deal with you next . Which prick attacked me first again?

Who the heck are you getting really bad on other posters. I dont think I have ever seen your user name and then you come on here and get all angry with people. weird

Who the heck are you getting really bad on other posters. I dont think I have ever seen your user name and then you come on here and get all angry with people. weird
You have never seen my username? That is weird. Ask fryiowa , lightning and huckfinn if they know me. I’ve been friends and enemies with most posters on here . Is there a rule you can’t get angry when someone personally attacks you?

When I coached I was too competitive to give the other team credit and I never wanted my kids to know the other team might have been better than us .

When I coached, I only talked about things our team could control. If you play your best defense and the other team makes a shot... oh well. You played your best defense, that's all you can control. Since Altman can only control what his team does, why not just talk about what his team did or didn't do?

Nope not a teacher . Off season workouts are not mandatory but they were for me everyday because I had to be there open up and lock up and stay there while they’re there. So 8am to 9pm at night was a normal day for me

I was a teacher. It was brutal during basketball season. The worst was to get home after a double overtime game and the last kid left at about 1am, then I had a 20 minute drive home only to be there at 6am the next morning for JH BB practice. I'm now a sysadmin and work a LOT more hours than I did as a teacher, plus I'm on call 24/7 - you haven't lived until you get a 3am phone call about one of your servers being down and they need you right now.

There is a "joke" coffee cup out there that says "The three reasons I teach are June, July and August." and I knew far too many teachers that lived that. Off every major holiday, work 6-7 hours (coaches have a typical 3 hours more during their season), off all summer.

When I coached, I only talked about things our team could control. If you play your best defense and the other team makes a shot... oh well. You played your best defense, that's all you can control. Since Altman can only control what his team does, why not just talk about what his team did or didn't do?
Yep. And some comments in press conferences are solely intended for your own team.

Altman was addressing the things his teams could control after it fell far short of expectations. Fran doesn't give a shit about Dana glossing the Hawks, he's got the scoreboard. In fact I'd bet that Fran would rather the opposing coaches don't blow sunshine up Iowa's ass.

Probably a rasslin' coach. Lil bit of an IQ dropoff with that lot.

If it really burns your ass I misspelled mandatory you have deeper issues

Kept going on and on about how poorly his team played against Iowa. We didn't move the ball, we didn't run in transition, we didn't execute in transition. Not one mention about how Iowa took them out of their offensive sets and forced them into tough shots. Not one mention about Iowa's transition defense and making sure they didn't get anything easy. Not one mention about how Iowa was working the glass and getting to all the loose balls.

Hey dickhead...your team got beat by a team playing better than you are. Give the other team credit please.

He must have a little Izzo in him.

He must have a little Izzo in him.

Yeah...but on occasion Izzo will compliment the other team...then he lays into his team as being a bunch pussies. I remember when Iowa went into MSU with Sapp, Woodbury, Gesell and Uthoff and Izzo said that was the toughest team Fran has had. He complimented them.

It's just disingenuous for a coach to just focus on the things they did wrong in a presser. Someone beat you dickhead...respect the opponent.

Very Interesting that we beat Altman’s team and next up is a team that is made up of Stallings players. Both Stallings and Altman were among those at the top of list for Iowa’s head basketball coaching position at the time that Fran was hired.

Hmmmm interesting indeed. If we handle Pitt and I think we will, Barta might have a slight smile on his face.