Dan Tillo

scia

Has anybody heard of Dan Tillo from SC North. 6ft 5in sht guard who is a sophmore on an 18-2 team that has like 3 sophmores starting for them. The other night he had 31 pts and 21 boards. From looking at his season stats, he's hitting almost 50% from the field, 42.6% from 3 and 83% from the line.

If you want to compare him to jok here you go remember Tillo is only a soph.

Tillo is averaging 22.5 PPG, 12.2 RPG, and is 46-108 from 3.
Jok is averaging 23.7 PPG, 6.1 RPG, and is 49-122 from 3.

Since he from SPeraw alma mater I wonder if Iowa will in the mix come 2015.

According to a poster on Hawkeyereport, Tillo's uncle, or cousin or something, played at ISU. Supposedly Creighton is recruiting him.

I don't know anything about him...but will keep my ears open. I have lots of family and friends in Sioux City and often pick up some things here and there.

I figured the kid would be at least 6' 8" or taller since he tears it up so much on the boards. I like it. Get on him, Fran!

I have family in Sioux City area as well thats how I heard of him. My dad says he is a spiiting image of a Doug McDermott type player. He also says Creighton is all over him. SC North will tough out for the next 3 yrs I mis typed it 18-2 and 4 of their starters are sophmores.

My son plays with Dan tillo and he has one of the sweetest strokes i have ever seen. His range is 8-10 feet behind three point line and the shot still looks the same as a 12 foot jump shot. I thought his only down side was creating his own shot but that has progressed nicely through out the year, I keep forgetting he is only a sophomore. After seeing our hawks this year I have no doubt Dan would be one of the better shooters on this years team, I am not saying he could play Big 10 BBall this year but he has tremendous range. I agrree this north team will be a tough out the next couple years, i dont think they will make much noise this year if they make state but the following 2 watch out.

Too bad the Hawks couldn't get him for baseball....and basketball.

Plus 1 to this... Kinda surprised a kid that is that good at basketball isn't interested in it any further but hey long term baseball may be his money making ticket. There is big big money to be made in baseball and I bet he thinks his odds are better for him to make it at that then say the NBA down the road. Plus maybe he just likes it more who knows.

Latest posts