Dan Dakich basically called Iowa soft during Penn St/MSU game

"lacking toughness" that's such a vague comment in basketball.

Just a heavy cliche that gets repeated alot.

We don't win as much as we could be cause we don't play defense and lack team speed in comparison to some top big 10 teams.

"toughness" whatever that means is just a dumb cliche.

I agree that “toughness” is one of those comments that is a poor excuse for inability to define specifics.
The other term that drives me crazy due to its vague definition is “athletic,”. What the hell does that mean, really?
Both might be up there with “leadership.” The English language is deeply rich and powerful. Don’t make excuses through utilization of essentially meaningless terms.

We probably have had some. But when you have the 3rd most efficient offense since they came out with the stat in 2002, you gotta assume other teams are having more of them.
I'll agree with that, but will never accept a team that efficient going 12 minutes without a field goal.

"lacking toughness" that's such a vague comment in basketball.

Just a heavy cliche that gets repeated alot.

We don't win as much as we could be cause we don't play defense and lack team speed in comparison to some top big 10 teams.

"toughness" whatever that means is just a dumb cliche.
Totally agree! I don't think the issue is toughness I think the issue is the top end really good athletes are hard to come by. And there are some really solid players in Iowa each year but not a lot of top end talent. This is not a knock on Iowa just a little reality!

Go Hawks!

Latest posts