D-line

I'm not really sweating who we are losing except for Danies and Binns.

I think the younger group could have some very good players but I'm not sure how good they will be next year. There is not a lot of experience. It will be interesting to see who steps up next year. I just hope we can stop the attrition, we need players that go through the system.

Serious problem for Iowa on the DL for next year unless some guys come out of nowhere, which does happen from time to time. However, this DL is the worst I can ever remember at Iowa and with the attrition we have had, I am fearful about the quality of the bodies that will be starting next year. REALLY need to find some quality recruits at that position that STAY in school.

We have underclassmen on the DL who have talent ... we just need to get them acclimated more to our system. Furthermore, talent means little if they also don't get down the fundamentals.

Iowa has more talent already on campus than many fans seem to believe.

However, that said, I think that the Hawks could still potentially be able to get a boost from TR FR in 2012 too. Thus, I hope that recruits recognize that opportunity.

this is why i like Shoff. 6'6 280 runs a 4.8 40, nice size and speed for a DT, or even a Strong side DE, with Davis 6'5, Cooper 6'4 and Johnson 6'4 as 300 lb DT's, that would be a very big dl, possibly McMinn at 6'6 as a Weak side DE, depending on which site you look at, the heights are pretty close, with that size on the D-L it would allow the Lb'rs more room to roam, w/o having to deal with the O-linemen

I guess Faith Ekatite (sp?) is going to be in town this weekend. Hope we get him. I don't follow the recruiting stuff as closely as some. What are our chances?

If we have Faith and Jaleel J. from Illinois, that would be sweet.

You need to learn a little something about football.

He is not a good player.

That's a pretty ballsy comment to say to someone. Bigach is pretty decent. You have to remember that a lot of the backups this year were 3rd stringers last year, so this is their first meaningful game experience. I think he is coming along fine. It's as bad as those people making the comments that the cupboard is bare.

I was all for the juco route when they said something about it and it still may be something to look at. That said, I think we have a bunch of good guys now, who really need to step it up and take it upon themselves to get alot better now, all summer and be ready to hit fall camp running. If we can get these young guys to put in that kind of work, added with the weapons we should have on the O next year, we could be rolling in it.

in the Gazzette KF mentioned Carl davis has been slowed by a knee injury all fall, and is getting back to 100%, that alone would help down the stretch

Latest posts