CYRUS KOUANDJIO COMMENTS

No sour grapes but I get the feeling the kid is soft, at least in the head. Maybe it is better he didn't come. He liked Iowa, said after his visit it felt like home, then somewhere someone gets that his final three is Auburn, Alabama and New Mexico (New Mexico, really? not even in the same class as any other school you're considering), then announces on signing day he's going to Auburn, stumbles on the name of the school on national TV, admits later he wasn't even sure where he was going at that moment, hours later can't press the send button to fax his letter to Auburn, many days later decides to join his brother in Alabama.

Alabama: warm weather, rarely ever snows, lower academic requirements, be with older bro, Mom and Dad can come down to see both of them on game weekends. The kid took the easy out, seems to me.

Soft.

If you can be an internet psycologist, I get to be an internet dentist.

I think you need to floss more. Your enamal is soft.

Soft.

Perhaps I should have given more background for the jackwagons who think we're complaining...

That quote was in response to a question concerning what decision he would have made had he been asked to make a decision in the fall. It truly sounds like the kid wanted to come to Iowa, at first, and then for whatever reason (Rhabdogate, cold winters, Doyle, take your pick) made the decision to go to Auburn...um, er, I mean Alabama. So, we're not in denial, we're talking about what reasons could have changed his mind.

Just a few random thoughts.

Would he have started as a Freshman at Iowa? He obviously wouldn't have started of Reiff.

Maybe Ferentz couldn't guarantee him that he would be starting.

I'm not saying that had anything to do with it but it's interesting to think about.

It's not that interesting to think about because KF doesn't "guarantee" playing time to anyone (including seniors). I'm sure just like the other recruits he told him "he would have the opportunity to compete for a starting job".

I think it is still of interest when a highly-sought recruit who had Iowa as his first choice comments about why he went in another direction at the last minute.
I agree, but as I said we had this conversation already. Why do have to rehash if over and over again. This is the worst part of being a Hawkeye, listening to people that just won't move on. God, its annoying.

This thread is hilarious. Could you all possibly be in anymore denial? Kid says the rhabdo issue was a reason he didn't come to Iowa, you all put together three pages of reasons why he is lieing, using it as an excuse and how you think he's going to fail.

******* unreal.

Do you have a link to where he says this?

I agree, but as I said we had this conversation already. Why do have to rehash if over and over again. This is the worst part of being a Hawkeye, listening to people that just won't move on. God, its annoying.

Do you really think it's just the Iowa fanbase?

I know that I'm going to regret this but ....... the kid said he got a bad vibe while he was here, can anyone think of anything that may have been going on with the team this year that might, might give a recruit a 'bad vibe'? Come on people.

This thread is hilarious. Could you all possibly be in anymore denial? Kid says the rhabdo issue was a reason he didn't come to Iowa, you all put together three pages of reasons why he is lieing, using it as an excuse and how you think he's going to fail.

******* unreal.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Udd75gE5mjI]YouTube - serious[/ame]

I know that I'm going to regret this but ....... the kid said he got a bad vibe while he was here, can anyone think of anything that may have been going on with the team this year that might, might give a recruit a 'bad vibe'? Come on people.

Are you referring to a single incident because honestly i can't keep track of which one was most prominant when he was on his visit....that's sad.

Are you referring to a single incident because honestly i can't keep track of which one was most prominant when he was on his visit....that's sad.

No I'm not referring to any single incident but there was a lot of stuff that went down towards the end of the season that could have made the Fort Kinnick not exactly the happiest place in the world.

No I'm not referring to any single incident but there was a lot of stuff that went down towards the end of the season that could have made the Fort Kinnick not exactly the happiest place in the world.

I completely agree, however the Rhabdo incident was after his visit wasn't it?

Personally, I'm impressed with the fact that we are beginning to see recruits of Kouandjio's caliber "really, really, really" seriously consider the Hawkeye program. Ferentz & staff have this thing moving in the right direction.....Just a matter of time...

Perhaps I should have given more background for the jackwagons who think we're complaining...

That quote was in response to a question concerning what decision he would have made had he been asked to make a decision in the fall. It truly sounds like the kid wanted to come to Iowa, at first, and then for whatever reason (Rhabdogate, cold winters, Doyle, take your pick) made the decision to go to Auburn...um, er, I mean Alabama. So, we're not in denial, we're talking about what reasons could have changed his mind.

Well, at least he knew it started with an A.

Latest posts