Cyrus K may be visiting Saturday....

What happened to Calloway? Injured? I don't think he was even on a practice squad after signing a deal with the Bills then being cut loose two months later.

I did some of this research today
[FONT=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial]O-Linemen in the NFL by college

Alabama (26 players total)
5 (only 1 OT)

USC (43 players total)
7 (3 OT)

Auburn (28 players total)
4 (2 OT)

Iowa (30 players total)
6 (1 OT)[/FONT]

Iowa currently has more active players in the NFL than Alabama and Auburn. Iowa has more currently O-linemen than both teams as well. USC has more players and linemen, but also has Kiffen as a coach and NCAA sanctions.

this x 1,000!

Sorry to burst your bubble, but it's just a visit. Think about it, these guys get a free trip to go have some fun on a college campus and Cy just happens to be going with a teammate from high school. Could be nothing more than, "Hey man, you wanna go visit Iowa with me? Sure." I don't put a lot of stock in this.

Not saying we can't get him, just that him visiting doesn't get me that excited.

USC is out for cyrus...just iowa, aub, bama, and NM.

Craig Haubert
"Just spoke w/ #1 OT Cyrus Kouandjio who told me he has eliminated USC from consideration-He is now focusing on Bama, Iowa, Auburn & NM Lobos"

I think some things are being lost here. I think the teammate thing is a huge angle plus Coker. Cyrus and his camp seem to have a level head and looking for what is best for him long term. Iowa's coaching staff tenure, graduation rate, and producing NFL talent was enough to have us on his short list. Hoping the teammate angle might be enough to land them both.

kinda surprised we've lasted this long in it. it's almost like Kirk purposely avoids the really high level recruits. but, this kid seems really level headed and who knows? maybe when he gets here and meets the staff he gets sold. i think we really have the Coker angle going, we'll see if that pays off.

Does anyone know what the facilities are like at Auburn and Alabama? I would assume that Alabama's are pretty sweet...

David Porter played for Buffalo.

Are you sure? I'm pretty sure that was Ben Sobieski. Bruce Nelson also was drafted by Carolina.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but it's just a visit. Think about it, these guys get a free trip to go have some fun on a college campus and Cy just happens to be going with a teammate from high school. Could be nothing more than, "Hey man, you wanna go visit Iowa with me? Sure." I don't put a lot of stock in this.

Not saying we can't get him, just that him visiting doesn't get me that excited.

I would agree with this, but it is mid-January in Iowa, right? If I'm only going on a visit to milk a good time and what not, I wouldn't be picking an Iowa winter over south Cali.

I still can't get too excited. I believe he is 'bama all the way. His brother players there. Nick Saban is no slouch of a coach and is perfectly capable of developing talent for the nfl. And its warmer. Be nice, but I just don't see it happening.

I still can't get too excited. I believe he is 'bama all the way. His brother players there. Nick Saban is no slouch of a coach and is perfectly capable of developing talent for the nfl. And its warmer. Be nice, but I just don't see it happening.

Kouandjio has already said that his brother doesn't give Alabama an advantage over anyone else. Having Auburn in his final 4 would indicate that he's probably not blowing smoke when he says that.

He may very well choose 'Bama. But from what he's said and demonstrated thus far, it'll be because Saban has a top-flight program and can churn out NFL talent with the best of them, not because his brother plays there.

Having a current teammate/friend and a former teammate/friend could easily trump having a brother as a future teammate. Brother's (expl. Micah Hyde) often go their own way for numerous reason's. Unfortunately, this guy and his family seem pretty grounded, and that may mean "make it easier on Momma et al" for money and travel to go see both boys play every week together.

It would be a nice coup by Iowa to get one or both. Even better, get Cyrus's brother to transfer up to Iowa. Seriously, I'm sure there is some genuine thought by Cyrus to play here, as evidenced by the attempt to visit campus. Hope the visit goes well. Bring on the balmy above zero weather at least.

Now that we know that he is visiting.... is there anything that we as fans do to show our support? I have the day off tomorrow and would gladly do my part to help show Cy that Iowa is the right place for him develop his talents. (And No Im not talking about anything illegal, sexual, or Frowned upon by the NCAA) But, Im sure overwhelming support cant hurt Iowa's chances. That being said. Does anyone know what they typically do for visits like his?