cyclones cant handle Iowa success

when they say we couldn't hang in the big12 north i find it funny...they r top of the north and we beat them quite handly

Can you blame them? I'm not sure if I can handle it either. It drives me nuts when ISU wins a game and they start talking "bowl picture". I can't imagine what it's like to have your most hated team be this successful.

Well they were given their status by winning five straight bowl games, three which were BCS games, two of which were Rose Bowls, and the big one over USC for the National Title.

I hate Texas too, but I'll tip my hat when it is due. They deserve the high ranking so far.

None of which have a bearing on this year's poll, unless you want to count last year's victory over OSU and the resulting returning players. VY winning the 2006 (?) Rose Bowl for Texas shouldn't have anything to do with their ranking this year.

Another poster already brought this up...he stated they played one team with a pulse. I'd give them credit for playing two teams with pulses this year: Texas Tech and Oklahoma. But of their 6-0 record, they have only had to leave home once to go to Wyoming and once to travel up the road to the Cotton Bowl for the Red River Shootout.

So forgive me if I'm not bruising my ankle jumping on the Texas bandwagon.

The funny thing is ... the ISU fans that knock Iowa seem to have short-term memory and forget how we blasted them back in September ... So, if Iowa really is not that good in their eyes ... well, they must be downright horid! ...

Bottomline: The ISU fans who just loathe Iowa are jealous of being little brother and all of the attention going to the Hawks. We beat the likes of Penn State, Michigan, Arizona and Wisconsin, while the Cyclones knocked off national powers Baylor, Kent State, ND State of Technolog (or whatever the he** it is called), and an all-too-mighty Army team. Iowa State is not a good team. It is sitting at 4-3, but look who it beat. People keep talking about them in a bowl game and I just don't see it happening. Beating Nebraska? Okie State? Colorado? Missouri? The only team they have a real shot at is Texas A&M ...

Wouldn't it be nice if we could say, "I can't wait for Iowa State to lose their first game?" Wait a minute....lol

The funny thing is ... the ISU fans that knock Iowa seem to have short-term memory and forget how we blasted them back in September ... So, if Iowa really is not that good in their eyes ... well, they must be downright horid! ...

Bottomline: The ISU fans who just loathe Iowa are jealous of being little brother and all of the attention going to the Hawks. We beat the likes of Penn State, Michigan, Arizona and Wisconsin, while the Cyclones knocked off national powers Baylor, Kent State, ND State of Technolog (or whatever the he** it is called), and an all-too-mighty Army team. Iowa State is not a good team. It is sitting at 4-3, but look who it beat. People keep talking about them in a bowl game and I just don't see it happening. Beating Nebraska? Okie State? Colorado? Missouri? The only team they have a real shot at is Texas A&M ...

ISU is light years ahead of where they were last year in almost every phase of the game, and them getting 6 wins looks like a pretty good possibility. Nebraska hasn't looked good (their wins are less impressive than ISU's, 3 Sun Belt teams and Missouri), and aTm is terrible.

If one thing holds true this year, and most other years, IA State will find a way to lose just enough games to keep themselves out of a Bowl.

ISU is NOT going to win at Nebraska ... Texas A&M will be the only remaining game on the schedule where ISU may be favored.

But they only lost that game because of a botched onside kick :/

Maybe I'm lucky, but my Cyclone friends root for the Hawks, and I root for the Cyclones. I am nowhere near being emotionally involved with the Cyclones, but I would prefer they win rather than lose.