Cyclones are Super Bowl bound!

GodGodGodBathia

I'm not quite sure whether storming the field reveals more about the Iowa football program or the Iowa State program.

Iowa State played a better game than Iowa, simple as that. They had better offense, defense, special teams, and most importantly: coaching. There's no good excuse as to why Iowa lost other than that Iowa State was the best team Saturday.

I was ready to be a good sport and congratulate all my Iowa State buddies until I saw the fans storm the field like they're going to the Super Bowl. I can honestly say that I've never seen any team for as long as I've watched college football storm the field after beating a non-ranked, non-conference opponent, even a state rival. I mean yeah, beating Iowa is a big deal, especially for Rhodes and his staff and a program that's had a rough history, but nothing pays greater respect to a program as a whole than storming the field after beating them.

Iowa State knows it's place, which is why it's still and will always be a Hawkeye State :)

I think it was the 3 OT's. To be fair, if it were 3 OT's in Kinnick, we probably would have stormed the field as well. Really, it was such an emotional, intense game, I think we would have too....

Crowd control isn't allowing a lot of field rushing anymore because it is very dangerous. But if Michigan allowed it, they probably wouldn't have rushed the field against that unrated ND team.

Iowa fans rushed the field in 08 at Kinnick, and that game was virtually decided with about 5 minutes to go.

I'd imagine that about any time the trophy changes hands and the home team takes it back, the crowd will rush the field.

I can honestly say that I've never seen any team for as long as I've watched college football storm the field after beating a non-ranked, non-conference opponent, even a state rival.

Really!?! Then it MUST be true.

Take the same game and move it to Iowa City and I would pretty much expect to see Iowa fans doing the same thing -- at least the student section. Emotions were flying high in this nail biter and the fact they just knocked off Big Brother only added fuel to the fire :)

I know Michigan is a conference team, so it doesn't meet your qualifications, but weren't they unranked and Iowa was ranked, and Hawk fans stormed the field? A ranked team should never storm the field after beating an unranked one. Kettle meet pot.

I know Michigan is a conference team, so it doesn't meet your qualifications, but weren't they unranked and Iowa was ranked, and Hawk fans stormed the field? A ranked team should never storm the field after beating an unranked one. Kettle meet pot.

Most Iowa State fans **** me off with their stupidity. You're 100% right.

You won a big game that meant a lot to your program. You were excited and rightfully so. If you win a big game that many don't expect you to win it's gonna happen. You should enjoy it.

Trust me, an Iowa fan who has a problem with this isn't a representative of the Iowa fan base. The most frustrating part is that in the past when you've beat us you go on to suck, even when we've had good teams that lost to you you went on to have crappy seasons that made that loss look even worse. You find a way to beat a good Iowa team but end up with a 4 or 5 win season. But that's our problem for not taking care of business.

If I were an Iowa State fan I would have stormed the field as well. Then I'd go back home and spend a romantic evening with my overweight but still hot cousin. :)