Cya guys in 10 years..

I look at it this way. The Cubs are no longer the luvable losers. The biggest fun about being a Cubs fan is the fun of the losing and misery together Well, looks like the Cubs need to be replaced. Why not Iowa? Common guys it could be fun!

It's my understanding Iowa has to go 7-5 or better each year for the next 5 years or there is no buyout for the 2021-2025 period. Maybe that's not correct but if it is, it may not be ten years.

It's my understanding Iowa has to go 7-5 or better each year for the next 5 years or there is no buyout for the 2021-2025 period. Maybe that's not correct but if it is, it may not be ten years.
Buyout is reduced to 50% of value in years 2021-2025. For every year we win 7 games or more (not sure if that includes a bowl or not), a year from 2021-2025 converts to 100% (from the aforementioned 50%). So if we fired him tomorrow it wouldn't be 10 years worth of salary, but it would be 10 years of the contract (with varying percentages applying to each year). If that makes any sense...perhaps a visual would be better.

I really don't care if you don't welcome me back.

More known here than you...............

Never participated in either one of those threads, not since I've been here (6 years)

Maybe, or maybe I'm doing my part to voice my displeasure with the coaching staff. I didn't say I'd root against Iowa (minus Nov 12)

I am shocked to learn that you are not a man of your word.

Buyout is reduced to 50% of value in years 2021-2025. For every year we win 7 games or more (not sure if that includes a bowl or not), a year from 2021-2025 converts to 100% (from the aforementioned 50%). So if we fired him tomorrow it wouldn't be 10 years worth of salary, but it would be 10 years of the contract (with varying percentages applying to each year). If that makes any sense...perhaps a visual would be better.

Thanks, I think we should fire Barta now. 7-5 does not deserve to be rewarded in any way, shape or form. Is it a breach to just throw away 4 star recruits?

Last edited:
HOCKS23, bro, I'm not gonna hate on ya. But when you say 10 years, that makes me think you think it won't be renegotiated in 24 months. And we both know that 5 years will be added to the contract every other year after that. By the time Kirk is no longer able to walk he will have a contract which expires about the same time the real Captain Kirk is being born in Riverside Iowa. (btw it is my understanding that James T. Kirk is a real person. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.)

This time I've really had it and I'm out...this time!!!

Starting .................................................................................................................................... NOW!
.......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................... AND ANOTHER THING! ..........................................................................................................................aw, CRAP! .....................................................................................what's the kickoff time at PSU ?

I know I know "bye we won't miss ya".

Here's the bottom line, until Ferentz is gone, it's too enraging to be a hawkeye fan.

Now, I've been a;
Cubs
Hawks
Vikings

Fan my whole life, winning championships doesn't move me, so winning/losing has nothing to do with this.

However, I want to enjoy my football teams, while USC (the original, go cocks) had been my #2, it was because I was a fan of spurrier.

Well, he's gone. So, there's a new coach I like, and damn it, I've had friends my whole adult life who have been big fans and ALSO supported Iowa with me, so I'm officially jumping ship. I'll be back as soon as KF is gone, I'll still root for the Hawks, but I've decided to take my posting talents to:

ANN HARBOR.

Enjoy the mediocrity

You're like one of those celebrity d-bags that didn't fulfill their vow to leave the country....

IowaHOCKS23

Profile Page Start a Conversation Follow Ignore
Aug 3, 2013

IowaHOCKS23 was last seen:

Sunday at 1:46 PM

MelroseHawkins
WELL-KNOWN MEMBER I WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I NOT ONLY WON, I PUMMELED YOU, BY A LONG SHOT!!
Profile Page

Nov 1, 2009

MelroseHawkins was last seen:

Viewing thread Cya guys in 10 years..,

IowaHOCKS23

Profile Page Start a Conversation Follow Ignore
Aug 3, 2013

IowaHOCKS23 was last seen:

Sunday at 1:46 PM

MelroseHawkins
WELL-KNOWN MEMBER I WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I NOT ONLY WON, I PUMMELED YOU, BY A LONG SHOT!!
Profile Page

Nov 1, 2009

MelroseHawkins was last seen:

Viewing thread Cya guys in 10 years..,

You're more active and still less known. It's ok dude, I just bring the heat

Latest posts