Cy-Hawk Series

Every coach, in some way lives off previous coaches.

Nick Saban, and every future college coach, is living off of Bear Bryant's legacy to some extent.

Iowa has pretty much always been crappy in most non-profit sports. There isn't anything I could care less about that Iowa State non-profit sports.

Iowa State has always been crappy at sports people care about (ok, they've been decent in basketball but never good enough to matter on a consistent basis.)

Iowa is sometimes crappy at sports people care about. Who cares about any of this? (including my dumb post)

We've been crappy for men's b-ball for a while now.

Look, it is ok to be disappointed with the direction of the program, but you can't just sit here and say that Ferentz never did anything good and he's spent his career coasting off of Hayden. There is a middle ground between not liking what Kurt is doing know, and refusing to believe he's ever done anything good.

Also, Kurt has some advantages over Hayden, but all of the examples you mentioned have benefited all BoneG teams, not just Iowa. For the majority of Hayden's career, the basement of the BoneG was much lower than it is now. That said, if I had to choose the best coach, I'd chose Hayden. Not as a slight on Kurt however, since, you know, Hayden's a freaking hall of famer.

I never said KF is coasting. I am saying without Hayden Fry, KF is no where close to the success he has had. KF has done some good things at Iowa. But look at it this way. Everybody grows stale at some point in their career. Unfortunately I believe without any doubt that KF is at and frankly past that point.

Great people know when to leave.

Only in your own mind.:rolleyes: The ND under your name is all I need to know about you. And that is no compliment.

What do you need to know? He celebrates greatness instead of complaining about failure?

You mad Brian Kelley is coasting off of Ara Parseghian's success?

Who cares about ISU, a sports program whose main claim to fame is their Womens Bball and volleyball teams. They have no history in their football and basketball programs, none. I would like to cheer for them but their fight song is the same as my high school's and I cant get into them. And they have no baseball.

And Iowa football is down and BBall has been.

So lets see about rivalries and overall sports excellence, USC-UCLA-Stanford, Florida-Florida St, Michigan - Ohio St.

At one time Iowa and Minnesota was a big rivalry. Iowa - ISU is not much.

Where did you go to high school?

Like I said before, they award points on wins, and they have only competed 5 times this season.

And to further complain on this BS, the fact that ISU has no money means they barely field any men's programs, which means 2/3 of the Cy-Hawk series is played in women's sports. Iowa's top non-revenue sports are wrestling, men's golf, and men's swimming. Men's golf doesn't count towards the Cy-Hawk, and they don't have a men's swimming team. We typically have a strong field hockey program, but whoops, ISU won't play us their either.

In case there is anyone who still pretends to care about the Cy-Hawk challenge now that football season's over, Iowa has a chance to take the lead tonight. With a win in Men's Basketball, and a win in Women's swimming (which we should achieve), we will take a 10-9 lead, and have a great streak going with wins in wrestling and Women's Basketball earlier this week.

In case there is anyone who still pretends to care about the Cy-Hawk challenge now that football season's over, Iowa has a chance to take the lead tonight. With a win in Men's Basketball, and a win in Women's swimming (which we should achieve), we will take a 10-9 lead, and have a great streak going with wins in wrestling and Women's Basketball earlier this week.

Don't forget that awesome Iowa win over ISU in baseball earlier...oh wait, forgot ISU doesn't have baseball.

I think we picked up another win in women's bball. I don't like losing to isu in any capacity certainly not an overall challenge.

Don't forget that awesome Iowa win over ISU in baseball earlier...oh wait, forgot ISU doesn't have baseball.

kelso-burn.jpg

I might get hammered for this, but I don't care if we lose in every sport to ISU except Football, basketball, and wrestling. I just don't care about any of the other ones. And people that talk about how ISU has turned some type of corner need to look at the perspective of what they have done. The last 2 years in football two of their best teams in the history of the school(one of them was 6-7 HAHAHAHAHAHA) were able to beat a mediocre Iowa team and the worst Iowa team in the past 10 yrs by a combined 6 points. Like someone said...When we have a normal Iowa team order will be restored. It is and always will be the Hawkeye state because when people think of Iowa they think of Hawkeyes...not Cyclones. That is why it sucks to be a Cyclone. Even when they win...they are still a loser.

I might get hammered for this, but I don't care if we lose in every sport to ISU except Football, basketball, and wrestling. I just don't care about any of the other ones. And people that talk about how ISU has turned some type of corner need to look at the perspective of what they have done. The last 2 years in football two of their best teams in the history of the school(one of them was 6-7 HAHAHAHAHAHA) were able to beat a mediocre Iowa team and the worst Iowa team in the past 10 yrs by a combined 6 points. Like someone said...When we have a normal Iowa team order will be restored. It is and always will be the Hawkeye state because when people think of Iowa they think of Hawkeyes...not Cyclones. That is why it sucks to be a Cyclone. Even when they win...they are still a loser.

I've said it before (maybe even earlier in this thread) but Iowa State becoming the best in the state doesn't really mean anything that positive for them. It usually just means we suck.

Latest posts