Current Players Tweeting

Status
Not open for further replies.
If this is accurate, I'm afraid it is time for Kirk to hang it up. I remember not too long ago, Kirk said he wasn't tone deaf (in regards to the tiger hawk at midfield). Yikes.

If this is accurate, I'm afraid it is time for Kirk to hang it up. I remember not too long ago, Kirk said he wasn't tone deaf (in regards to the tiger hawk at midfield). Yikes.

Disagree, going from 0 to 1, albeit pre-approved, is a huge step. If he goes from 1 to 2, it will be a 100% increase!

Please...I know he has to run a program and it's a complex undertaking, but give me a break. The health and wellbeing of his players is paramount. Whether they can tweet isn't harming anyone. It's likely keeping more 18 and 19 years olds from getting in trouble with questionable tweets.

At the end of the day, the issues need to be addressed from a racial standpoint...it needs to be fair and everyone needs to feel the bonding that takes place between brothers. The coaches need to foster that...not divide it.

Kirk Ferentz is a good man and he'll get it right.

This seems really tone deaf. I get that Kirk doesn’t like social media. And he could enforce this rule before this scandal came to light. Now it looks like he’s just trying to keep people quiet and silence any resistance. Trust your players and if they tweet something bad then handle it. Everyone in that program are adults.

Please...I know he has to run a program and it's a complex undertaking, but give me a break. The health and wellbeing of his players is paramount. Whether they can tweet isn't harming anyone. It's likely keeping more 18 and 19 years olds from getting in trouble with questionable tweets.

At the end of the day, the issues need to be addressed from a racial standpoint...it needs to be fair and everyone needs to feel the bonding that takes place between brothers. The coaches need to foster that...not divide it.

We've all seen Remember the Titans. Reminds me of that. I cannot imagine being responsible for all of these kids, attitudes, backgrounds. Let's fix the problem by coming together as 1

Kirk will not be coaching Iowa in August. And go put whatever money you have available on the under for this year. The ship isn't sinking...it's already at the bottom of the ocean. You just don't know it yet.

Remember when many of us called James Daniels a sourpuss for not mentioning his alma mater in NFL lineup introductions?

Or said it was much ado about nothing?

KF isn't going to be there this fall to get anything right. He's stepping on his own foot already.
Even in places seemingly as insular as Iowa City (which it has been anything but for a long time) there are things bigger and larger than Kirk and his coaching legacy.

Anthony Herron is going to be on WSCR AM 670 at 11 this morning. Can't wait to hear what he has to say.

The next few days can go down as some of the most memorable in Iowa Sports history.

Remember when many of us called James Daniels a sourpuss for not mentioning his alma mater in NFL lineup introductions?

Or said it was much ado about nothing?
He address this very question over the weekend in a tweet.

Someone asked if it had something to do with being angry or disgruntled with Iowa and he gave the person an emphatic "No!" He said he loved Iowa but that his hometown was much more important to him. Can't fault the guy for that.

Even in places seemingly as insular as Iowa City (which it has been anything but for a long time) there are things bigger and larger than Kirk and his coaching legacy.

Anthony Herron is going to be on WSCR AM 670 at 11 this morning. Can't wait to hear what he has to say.

The next few days can go down as some of the most memorable in Iowa Sports history.
If clean-slating this whole thing can make improvements maybe it's best.

If the current staff stays and we went undefeated for the next 5 years in a row Iowa would still be just the racist school from the midwest. That's all we are to anyone outside this state right now anyway. Under status quo, even if the staff says there's going to be improvements, until there's a major, major shakeup we're going to be dogged by this whole thing.

The more KF keeps making stupid comments and decisions, the quicker it's going to happen. He's prolonging the inevitable in a lot of ways.

If clean-slating this whole thing can make improvements maybe it's best.

If the current staff stays and we went undefeated for the next 5 years in a row Iowa would still be just the racist school from the midwest. That's all we are to anyone outside this state right now anyway. Under status quo, even if the staff says there's going to be improvements, until there's a major, major shakeup we're going to be dogged by this whole thing.

The more KF keeps making stupid comments and decisions, the quicker it's going to happen. He's prolonging the inevitable in a lot of ways.
Yup Yup Yup. Rip the band aid off. It may not be easy for old creatures of habits to change their ways but this isn't something that should be done. It has to be done. Trying to half ass it won't work. How hard can it be to not bully, demean and throw out racial demeaning comments when trying to motivate kids? How hard can that possibly be?

Yup Yup Yup. Rip the band aid off. It may not be easy for old creatures of habits to change their ways but this isn't something that should be done. It has to be done. Trying to half ass it won't work. How hard can it be to not bully, demean and throw out racial demeaning comments when trying to motivate kids? How hard can that possibly be?
And it probably has to be done quickly to save what's left of the program.

I don't see how recruiting is even possible right now, let alone successful. Like how do you even get one single commit with all this stuff going on (rightly so)? Even if kids aren't afraid of getting treated like shit, can you expect them to show interest when no one even knows what the staff is going to look like in a week, a month, a year?

And it probably has to be done quickly to save what's left of the program.

I don't see how recruiting is even possible right now, let alone successful. Like how do you even get one single commit with all this stuff going on (rightly so)? Even if kids aren't afraid of getting treated like shit, can you expect them to show interest when no one even knows what the staff is going to look like in a week, a month, a year?
Well thankfully in the short term next yrs class is like 85% in the bag if none of them bail. But yeah that's of course the domino effect. Every coach out there (even the ones as guilty of the same things we are) smells blood in the water and will be calling us the most racist program out there blah blah blah.

I think you all are being melodramatic. Unless, something really bad comes to light - as in actual crimes were committed, KF isn't going anywhere anytime soon.

At this point, it's just a big case of he said/she said. Only words. No actual rules were broken even if the incidents were unethical by most people's standards.

Again, I am not by any means saying there is no problem and nothing needs to be done. Clearly some changes are necessary.

As far as the one Tweet per month resriction goes, how was this information obtained? Why is Scott the only one reporting this? It sounds ridiculous and would be difficult to enforce if it's true.

Not to mention you start to get into gray areas with the promotion of product or product placements for a fee if you allow them unfettered access to twitter.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

How is this lifting a twitter ban when it's no differnt than saying, "You will now be allowed one public statement per month, which will be made through the University of Iowa, which must be pre-approved for content, by 5PM each Sunday? Twitter literally has nothing to do with it, it's just the actual platform.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

How is this lifting a twitter ban when it's no differnt than saying, "You will now be allowed one public statement per month, which will be made through the University of Iowa, which must be pre-approved for content, by 5PM each Sunday? Twitter literally has nothing to do with it, it's just the actual platform.

They'd have been better off just saying they still can't... How in the world can they be that tone deaf? How??? It's not enough to keep them from earning money off their name but you have to be able to suppress their 1st amendment rights and then edit it? Are we in China all of a sudden or what?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts