Current Bracketology

Iowa is projected as the #1 overall seed in the NIT at Yahoo Sports. Time will tell, but hey that's an upgrade from last year.

I'm not buying that, link because I can't find NIT projection on yahoo.

I see a link that has them In Tourny and ranked 37th out of the Those 68 teams he has in Tourny.

http://sports.yahoo.com/featured/ncaab/bigboard/

37IowaBIG1020-1254285-9Northwestern? Are you serious, Hawkeyes? In, but done.

Longer than that, I'm in Burlington and its 4 hrs drive to St.L

Pick up the pace Atomic. I lived in Burlington for 28 years and don't think it ever took me 4 hours to drive it. :) 220 Miles!

4 hours all 4 lane now from Iowa City to St. Louie that is no stops.. 260 miles. zoom-zoom!!

Last edited:
They're the first team on this list so they wouldn't be on anyone's "last 4 in". They just said on college gameday that there are really only five potential bid-stealer teams left. Looks like it's 99% we're in.

A. Lucky to get in.
B. Beggars can not be choosers.
C. No easy runs or brackets.

Iowa State winning today would help. Michigan winning the B1G tournament would help. Just hate to see that RPI at 50-ish - the committee already has a reason (last 7 games) to base a surprise on.

How the heck is St. Louis brutal please explain that comment to me??

I was just making the reference that St Louis is playing in their backyard, that's all.....it certainly isn't brutal in terms of travel....Hopefully that answers your question

They're the first team on this list so they wouldn't be on anyone's "last 4 in". They just said on college gameday that there are really only five potential bid-stealer teams left. Looks like it's 99% we're in.

Anybody who thinks this team is a lock is a fool.

I agree eith Thunderhawk.

Iowa loses 6 of last seven, 4 of rhise who arent good enough for the tourney, and loses to last place NW in BTT.

If they did not make the tourney, I can sure see why, so no, in my view, this team is not a lock...

Iowa loses 6 of last seven, 4 of rhise who arent good enough for the tourney, and loses to last place NW in BTT.

If they did not make the tourney, I can sure see why, so no, in my view, this team is not a lock...
Yet you are going to discount the the first 2/3rds of the season that earned them the right to be in the field? If the season had panned out in reverse and the Hawks went on a run similar to Nebraska would you feel better? Wiscy fans were ready to run Bo out of town because he had the audacity to lose 5 in a row.

Iowa's resume is not much to look at. 6-11 versus Top 100 RPI, only 2-6 against Top 25. Four bad losses in the past 3 weeks to unranked Minnesota, Indiana, Ilinois, and Northwestern.

Get over your self loathing for a few minutes to see through the reality of it all.

Thunder has a point. A lock would be in on all 100% of the brackets out there. Right now Iowa is in on about 90% or so of the projections out there. So to me, that is not a lock.

This morning's Bracketology update by Lunardi has Iowa as a 10 playing Gonzaga in Raleigh with a possible 2nd round meeting against Duke

Latest posts