Current Bracketology

I'll take whatever, I am starting to come back around to looking forward to tomorrow. The last loss is finally starting to wear off.

Go Hawks!

That's the thing about this tournament..... It's truly wide open. Even a team like Iowa that has struggled recently can easily get on a roll and go deep. There are maybe 2-3 teams that I would be a little scared to play as a Cyclone.

You have high seeds like Iowa, Baylor, Okie State, Pitt and Oregon who have the talent to beat any 1/2 seed on any given night.

March should be excellent.

Im not trying to freak everyone out, but according to USA Todays Patrick Stevens we are on the last 5 In group as an 11 seed.
USA TODAY Sports' NCAA tournament Bracketology

And before everyone says they dont know what they are talking about, historically he has predicted the bids and seeds better than ESPN, CBS, SI, TSN, SBNation, Yahoo, etc.

I like that draw about as well as any I have seen. U conn/ ISU. We could win those two if we come to play. If we don't it wont matter who we play
Im not trying to freak everyone out, but according to USA Todays Patrick Stevens we are on the last 5 In group as an 11 seed.

And before everyone says they dont know what they are talking about, historically he has predicted the bids and seeds better than ESPN, CBS, SI, TSN, SBNation, Yahoo, etc.

I would not be surprised at all to see Iowa get an #11 seed. And that would be better than a #10 seed.

Iowa is projected as the #1 overall seed in the NIT at Yahoo Sports. Time will tell, but hey that's an upgrade from last year.

Yikes! Not good. Looking more and more like the NIT again.

Hawks are dancing. Check back tomorrow and your mind will be put at ease. Unless, of course, you actually want them in the NIT, in which case, you will be disappointed.

We may very well lose the first NCAA tourney game if they don't play much much better, but making the dance is still great, even with the awful finish.

Wow, St. Louis in St. Louis? Brutal, but hey, gotta start somewhere I guess....

I'd have to imagine Iowa would have more fans than Stl if this is where both teams landed. Hawkeye fans are starved for March Madness and St. Louis is only 4 hours away from Iowa City.

They're the first team on this list so they wouldn't be on anyone's "last 4 in". They just said on college gameday that there are really only five potential bid-stealer teams left. Looks like it's 99% we're in.

They're the first team on this list so they wouldn't be on anyone's "last 4 in". They just said on college gameday that there are really only five potential bid-stealer teams left. Looks like it's 99% we're in.

This. And look at the resume's of lower seed "in" teams compared to Iowa, there are some in worse shape. Wish I knew of an official list of potential bid stealing conf title games remaining.

At this point, I just want us to get in, mainly for the Seniors sake and to break the eight year string. I never imagined that Northwestern would beat them, so my expectations for making any noise in the tourny have gone out the window. Just get in.

Latest posts