Curious as to who Kirk takes to Chicago in August

Pooker

Off a thread on TOS -- lots of good discussion about which 3 players accompany KF to Chicago for the Big 10 kickoff meetings. Apparently the consensus is Stanzi and Clayborn are locks but there is considerable discussion regarding the 3rd player.

Personally I think it will be Reisner or Greenwood. Pretty sure DJK willl not make the trip (even though that would be entertaining).

Off a thread on TOS -- lots of good discussion about which 3 players accompany KF to Chicago for the Big 10 kickoff meetings. Apparently the consensus is Stanzi and Clayborn are locks but there is considerable discussion regarding the 3rd player.

Personally I think it will be Reisner or Greenwood. Pretty sure DJK willl not make the trip (even though that would be entertaining).

I'd love to see DJK make the trip, and he may get serious consideration. But Greenwood would be a prime candidate. Don't overlook Hunter, either. He's a classic under-the-radar guy, but an excellent choice.

That's pretty much it I think. DJK, Greenwood, and Hunter are the three guys that are the most likely choices for the final spot.

Doesn't he usually take an OL? Vandervelde woudl be the best choice IMO, upperclassmen with starting experience. Would tkaing McNutt be too big of a slap to DJK? On D what about Sash? If I had to bet I'd say Vandervelde but it will be interesting. One position I think you can rule out this year is a RB going.

I think if DJK can have a quiet spring/summer that Ferentz will take him with. He will more than likely break all the major career receiving records at Iowa this year. If his mouth does not get him in trouble before then, I think DJK goes with Stanzi and Clayborn.

I think if DJK can have a quiet spring/summer that Ferentz will take him with. He will more than likely break all the major career receiving records at Iowa this year. If his mouth does not get him in trouble before then, I think DJK goes with Stanzi and Clayborn.

^This. DJK is definitely a fan favorite, both for his performance and personality. But he does have a big mouth, and sometimes he does say something stupid. But I agree, if he can avoid shooting his mouth off too much, he'll be the 3rd guy.

I was thinking about who the captains will be this upcoming season. I know during the season they might switch captains based on who has performed and shown good leadership the previous week, but they should have 4 or 5 guys that are considered captains.

DJK is easily one of my favorite players because he is such a reliable 3rd down guy and playmaker (and he always has great interviews on Morehouse's blog), but I doubt Ferentz takes him to Chicago considering he usually takes the leadership or "captain" type guys. I would love to see him assume that role as a senior and go to the summer meetings, though.

Last year Ferentz took Edds, Angerer and Moeaki. Ferentz has talked about Klug and Ballard being great leaders on the D, so I could see it being one of them. Vandervelde, Hunter, Reisner and Greenwood are also viable options. I would say Sash as I think he could be a captain strong leader this year, but I would think Ferentz will only take seniors...

Latest posts