Culver pushes for ISU to join Big Ten.

Yet again Culver shows how politically stupid he is.

Why does he take ISU's side? Does he not know that the big donors (doctors and lawyers, etc.) come from Iowa and not Iowa State? Does he not know that eastern Iowa does not really care where ISU ends up?

The only thing worse than having Culver as governor will be having Terry Braindead again. Gaaaaaa...

The issue here is that his stance is not one that takes ISU's side. He simply has the interest of the entire STATE in mind. Sometimes the interest of the state will not always fall in line with the Big 10 or the University of Iowa.

I doubt the Big Ten would seriously listen to Culver. The conference is going to do what's in its' best interest and that does not include adding Iowa State to the conference. The Big Ten already has Iowa. Adding Iowa State would do little or nothing to strengthen the conference and Culver ought to know this. If he doesn't then Culver is not qualified to be governor.

Culver will go through the motions to satisfy the ISU faithful and attempt to win votes from the ISU fans.

Next step: Let's see if Culver is stupid enough to recommend that the Board of Regents pull Iowa out of the Big Ten if they won't take Iowa State.

I think this is more of a Republicans just wanting to find something else to complain about Culver to be honest. I'm independent and didn't vote for Culver. Some people and their posts in this thread act like this is the dumbest thing anyone could have done. I do not see how this is any different then Texas trying to get the Pac-10 to invite Baylor as well or the Kansas Senator stepping in. If Culver didn't say/do anything he would probably get crap for that as well.

I think this is more of a Republicans just wanting to find something else to complain about Culver to be honest. I'm independent and didn't vote for Culver. Some people and their posts in this thread act like this is the dumbest thing anyone could have done. I do not see how this is any different then Texas trying to get the Pac-10 to invite Baylor as well or the Kansas Senator stepping in. If Culver didn't say/do anything he would probably get crap for that as well.
I don't see this as having anything to do with Republicans. I, too, am an independent, and one of the common themes across parties these days is anticipation of Culver's departure. He hasn't done very many things particularly well, and that's something both sides can agree upon.

I don't see this as having anything to do with Republicans. I, too, am an independent, and one of the common themes across parties these days is anticipation of Culver's departure. He hasn't done very many things particularly well, and that's something both sides can agree upon.

True but why have some posters acted like this is the dumbest thing ever? I'm not an Iowa state fan and hate them with a passion but they are a public school and a big part in our states education. The Big12 falling and them going to a lower conference is huge not only for their athletics but for the education department as well depending on where they land.

True but why have some posters acted like this is the dumbest thing ever? I'm not an Iowa state fan and hate them with a passion but they are a public school and a big part in our states education. The Big12 falling and them going to a lower conference is huge not only for their athletics but for the education department as well depending on where they land.
I'm sure a lot are overreacting just because it's Culver and fear subsequent stupid moves. I doubt he'd go so far as to recommend Iowa leave the Big 10, but I don't have a ton of faith he leaves it at this.