cubs/phillies 5-20

pin2win

@hagertony
Well well we have a 4 game winning streak! we will leave it up to the right arm of dempster today. the bull pen has been spot on and hopefully continues the pen has gave up just 3 runs in 13 2/3 innings with only 6 hits!!

One thing thats great about the win last night is the phillys own the nl central the phillies are now 10-3 against our division so today in philly i don't see us getting the win. both pitchers have struggled with about every team so this could come down to errors by the pitchers so if demp doesn't make any we could slip one past

GO CUBS!

Cubs (19-22) @ Phillies (24-15)

Dempster
2-4
3.49 ERA
55 SO
19 BB
6 HR

Blanton
1-2
5.49 ERA
12 SO
4 BB
4 HR

BIG win by the cubbies last nite. I read a sun-times article this morning, said it may have been their best game to date...I can't disagree with that. Sounds like they called up Jeff Steven from DSM, he's been pitching very well lately. Thanks for posting the bullpen stats, that's pretty impressive! Hopefully they can sneak out of there with a W today.

Starting lineup. Fontenot at 3rd, could be interesting.

Fukudome RF
Theriot 2B
Lee 1B
Byrd CF
Soriano LF
Fontenot 3B
Castro SS
Hill C
Dempster P

Grabow looking solid as usual. Two walks. Hasn't the bullpen figured out that is what kills every team. make them put it in play. Cripe.

Latest posts