Cubs-Mets 4/19

Anybody else embarassed by Soriano's effort on that "double" should've been a triple. The announcers went on, Kruk called him out on baseball tonight. What a waste of money. Colvin should be playing every day and we could've used that money on a vet. reliever.

Now- unlike most of you. I like the make of our bullpen exception of Samardzija. I like Russel and Gray, I think Stevens will be up soon and Caridad has the makings to be a good one if he can get out of his own head. Gorzellany will be back in the pen when Lilly gets here and things will start to look better. Juts be patient.

I'm more worried about our bats. Middle of lineup is not producing, and Theriot is failing to get on base. Soto is looking better, Byrd is coming around, Lee is average and Ramirez is disappointing, and Soriano's average offense not making up for his lack of hustle and poor D. Fukudome, is producing like he has the last few years and we shouldn't expect any more out of him.

funny how nobody commented on last nights game and i didn't even bother giving a preview its sad almost

this was a great time to take advantage of a great showing from Z. problem is we have NO offense. hill fontenot and soriano produced the only hits with enough walks to give us the game

things went south with z walked pelfry and lost his head throwing a pumpkin in there for reyes to hit. what was gross was the pinch hit homer to make it 4-0 and cubbies can't come back from that with their offense. the dugout is pretty sad watching and seems like nobody is excited to be playing baseball for the cubs. they have the best fan base and nobody seems to care. lil spark in the butt might help

Here is the deal...both the cubs and sox have been unwatchable for the most part this year. When your baseball team is going bad, it is just brutal. My Sox have sucked so bad at hitting that it hurts to watch.
We need both teams to go on a run to get to .500 so at least hope can return.

Latest posts