cubs/cincy 7-1

pin2win

@hagertony
pretty good game for silva so far

74 pitches end of 5th

54 strikes, 20 balls, 1 er

BUT the cubs have only got one god damn hit!!!

I can't find any career stats on the Reds pitcher either.. I suppose it's another rookie making his MLB debut against the Cubs, who will pitch a complete game, 2-hitter.

He is a 23-year-old, 5-11, 165-pound soft-tossing lefthander, the type of pitcher the Cubs usually have the most trouble with

lou used 2 ppl to pinch hit which i though was questionable but it panned out colvin knocks in 2

2-2!!

To be honest, if the Cubs aren't making the playoffs anyway the more games they lose the better.

Does anybody else think it's interesting that Dusty Baker is managing the Reds, who are in 1st place, yet the Cubs fired him a few years back?

Just like Lou - he won the World Series with the Reds in 1990 and is in the top-15 all-time in wins. Not like the guy is clueless, but what can he do with this roster? I just have a hard time blaming him for this season. He was also here for the 97-win season, even if the playoffs were a disaster.

I suspect Lou won't be back next year, but this roster needs a major overhaul.

To be honest, if the Cubs aren't making the playoffs anyway the more games they lose the better.

I came to this conclusion a couple weeks ago, after that horrible 9-game road trip. This team will not compete for anything. I'm amazed they refuse to budge and just start eating salaries of the old used-up vets.

Latest posts