Creighton drops 104 on Campbell

Not sure how anyone can take away from the Creighton game tonight that Iowa is not good...unless you are Hawkfarce...Creighton shot 70+% from the floor...that is right over 70%, when was the last time you saw that percentage at this level. Eric Griffin still had 29 pts and 14 rebounds, shows his skill level is nothing to be joked about...

McDermott had 31 and 11...both teams are going to make some noise this year...

Depending upon your expectations, realistic or not, will depend upon your perspective for this year's team...I expect improvement and that means more than 11 wins...I think that I will see that improvement.

Not sure how anyone can take away from the Creighton game tonight that Iowa is not good...unless you are Hawkfarce...Creighton shot 70+% from the floor...that is right over 70%, when was the last time you saw that percentage at this level. Eric Griffin still had 29 pts and 14 rebounds, shows his skill level is nothing to be joked about...

Depending upon your expectations, realistic or not, will depend upon your perspective for this year's team...I expect improvement and that means more than 11 wins...I think that I will see that improvement.

Hawkfarce....I like it....an alterego....like Bloodnofsky!!!

Why even try to play the game of common opponents to tell you anything. Anyone with a brain could have told you Iowa was not going to be a good team this year (what is your definition of good?)... I was hoping Iowa would win 16-17 games this year which is 5-6 more wins than last season.

Just because Campbell beat Iowa does not mean I really consider Campbell to be a good team. There is no need to make yourself feel better about Iowa by justifying it by saying Campbell is good. Hell I figured Iowa might beat two Big 10 teams they really shouldn't this year but that still would not mean Iowa is good.

It will be a long year but I just want to see all the non seniors improve so there is something to maybe look forward to when Fran gets to bring in his 2nd true recruiting class.

Iowa still lacks the talent to be a good team so we just have to be patient over the next 4 years. I am a realist and know it is going to take some time. I would think by year 4 we will have a pretty good idea if things are going in the right direction. So far there is direction so I will sit back and see what happens. Lets not fool ourselves there is a need of some roster turnover.

Wow, between KOK's offense and Iowa basketball, I may need to head to Sam's for the big bottle of Jagermeister. I really wanted to be excited about Iowa hoops this season, but as others have stated, we are not good. We have a team of complimentary players and no superstar/s or even better than average guys. Our only hope (how long have we been saying this?) is to catch lighting in a bottle a few nights and have a couple guys play out of their minds, while our opponent shoots 10% from the field. Development of the fresh and sophs is all we have to look forward to ....and the incoming recruiting class. Could easily go 0-3 with Drake, ISU and UNI.

McDermott has an all around game. Basabe, um, does not.

He will slip into obscurity just like Gatens and May did after their All-B1G Frosh seasons.

Only reason they made those teams is because they played on a horrible team, so they got starter minutes.

We were obviously Campbell's superbowl.

Really? Not sure why a bottom of the Big Ten team would be their Super Bowl. Creighton would more likely be their "Super Bowl" than Iowa, I would think. Plus they have Virginia Tech and NC State coming up.

Really? Not sure why a bottom of the Big Ten team would be their Super Bowl. Creighton would more likely be their "Super Bowl" than Iowa, I would think. Plus they have Virginia Tech and NC State coming up.
you missed it.

Campbell put up over 80 against the BlueJays too.

I don't think that proves anything other than Campbell did not quit and Creighton probably eased up. I did not watch the game but being up 60-40 at halftime probably lead to Creighton going deeper into their bench and some less than all out defense. Campbell probably put in 15 garbage points at least. I doubt Campbell scores 80 if the game is close.

It does not make them beating Iowa less bad.

That's wrong. Creighton did not shoot 70% from the floor. They didn't even shoot 70% on free throws. They were 32 of 58, which, according to my math, is 55.1724%

I supposed you would want to round that decimal, but I don't know why you would round it up to 70.

Latest posts