CR I Club Dinner at Kirkwood Restaurant

the reason he doesnt remember details is cause he spent the whole night thinking about baseball to avoid teh mega-boner

Pretty good pork. KF sat at our table. He mentioned some younger players that he thought would have potential to contribute. I cannot recall who though. He said one guy on the D Line had improved significantly since December. When asked if our esteemed board owner was banned from the Des Moines I Club, he laughed and said he wasn't aware of that, but that esteemed owner seemed to be absent from the Des Moines event. Said he did talk to him on Sat though. Don't recall how that came up either.

I know I'm special and all that, but I believe a $100 I Club membership gets you in to these things. And the cost of dinner, or in our case a table. No big deal. Sorry to wreck the fantasy that some have of me being some sort of high roller, or whatever it is that they think.

I will guess that the young d-lineman he mentioned was Louis Trinca-Pasat, whose name came up this spring....heard he weighed in at 283 lbs now. Redshirt frosh,I believe.

Pretty good pork. KF sat at our table. He mentioned some younger players that he thought would have potential to contribute. I cannot recall who though. He said one guy on the D Line had improved significantly since December. When asked if our esteemed board owner was banned from the Des Moines I Club, he laughed and said he wasn't aware of that, but that esteemed owner seemed to be absent from the Des Moines event. Said he did talk to him on Sat though. Don't recall how that came up either.

I know I'm special and all that, but I believe a $100 I Club membership gets you in to these things. And the cost of dinner, or in our case a table. No big deal. Sorry to wreck the fantasy that some have of me being some sort of high roller, or whatever it is that they think.

Can I go on thinking you are a high roller? I like to associate myself with people of that sort, hence my sig.

:D

I will guess that the young d-lineman he mentioned was Louis Trinca-Pasat, whose name came up this spring....heard he weighed in at 283 lbs now. Redshirt frosh,I believe.

I'm not sure. Only becuase he said the improvement was significant since last December, which I am assuming means he was playing on the team for the bowl game. Maybe redshirts can practice in December, I don't know.

I have no short term memory.

I'm not sure. Only becuase he said the improvement was significant since last December, which I am assuming means he was playing on the team for the bowl game. Maybe redshirts can practice in December, I don't know.

I have no short term memory.

I dont know exactly what you mean by the bolded part, but if a player redshirts they are allowed to practice all year.

No autograph.

He looks a lot less stressed recently though. Someone else mentioned that they thought this on Saturday also. it.

Speculation only. But he looks better. Happier. And I think I'm not the only one who has noticed this. Could be any number of reasons though.

I thought he looked better too (and that was just from the spring game presser vids). I appreciate you confirming that suspicion.

No autograph.

He looks a lot less stressed recently though. Someone else mentioned that they thought this on Saturday also. Almost reluctant to bring this up, but I wonder if he dodged a bullet by the sudden opportunity found by one of our coordinators. By dodged a bullet I mean I am wondering if he was getting pressure from the AD to find a new OC, and he didn't want to do it.

Speculation only. But he looks better. Happier. And I think I'm not the only one who has noticed this. Could be any number of reasons though.

Does he have a motorcycle?

Gaglione? KF has been very complimentary about him this Spring.

I don't remember. It was hard to hear also.

September is critical. I guess that's obvious, but if it could be any more critical this season, it is.

Actually if you think about it, in 02 the team barely got through September, and also had challenges in Sept. 10.

Trinica-Pasat is the one he was talking about- reminds the staff of King. He is in fights every day and sometimes more than one. They think he will really come on as he gets some game xp.

DE worries them currently

I also attended the CR I club Dinner. Speakers were Matt Henderson, Gary Barta, Sherman Dillard, Terry Brands, Lisa Bluder, and Kirk. A nice item that was mentioned was graduation rate. Football team is at 83%. All athletes attending Iowa are at 74% and the overall student population is at 70%. Nice statistic, unless you like the SEC.

Alot of interesting comments made, on the forum, about the I Club Dinners. I am just hoping everyone was having a little fun, either that or it may confirm my suspicion that some of the legends on the forum need to spend a little more time, out of mama's basement, and away from the computer.

The I Club Dinners may not be as exciting as an AC/DC concert, but they serve an important purpose. Many who attend care deeply about the institution and provide an enormous amount of financial backing.

On Iowa! Go Hawks!
85 Alumni.

Well said sir. I'm not sure what makes a legend, and they're not all bad, but some should probably pony up the $100 per year, and contribute to the athletic program. I would maintain, this also supports the academics indirectly.

If one cut back on $100 of beer a year (or whatever), they could manage this if they wished to.

Some have spoken to the sense of "entitlement" by the donors. I'd say a sense of pride and ownership is more accurate, and I would maintain, everyone in the athletic department agrees. They say as much at these dinners.

I'm not a huge fan of "academic institutions", but if I can get past the emotion of being a football fan, and past the emotion of disliking liberal tenured "teachers", there are a lot of good things going on down there.

For one, the Children's Hospital, which Kirk and Mary Ferentz are hugely supportive of.

It was interesting. Some at my table kept asking Kirk about football. When he greeted me, I thanked him for his fundraising efforts, and he genuinely lit up. Our conversation was about getting kids and their families from the Ronald McDonald House up to the press box for a game.

I'm not sure what some think financial supporters of both the academic and athletic programs are all about, but I bet they might be surprised what a lot of us actually are. We are not unlike them at all, we just make it a priority to contribute at least $100 annually.

Well said sir. I'm not sure what makes a legend, and they're not all bad, but some should probably pony up the $100 per year, and contribute to the athletic program. I would maintain, this also supports the academics indirectly.

If one cut back on $100 of beer a year (or whatever), they could manage this if they wished to.

Some have spoken to the sense of "entitlement" by the donors. I'd say a sense of pride and ownership is more accurate, and I would maintain, everyone in the athletic department agrees. They say as much at these dinners.

I'm not a huge fan of "academic institutions", but if I can get past the emotion of being a football fan, and past the emotion of disliking liberal tenured "teachers", there are a lot of good things going on down there.

For one, the Children's Hospital, which Kirk and Mary Ferentz are hugely supportive of.

It was interesting. Some at my table kept asking Kirk about football. When he greeted me, I thanked him for his fundraising efforts, and he genuinely lit up. Our conversation was about getting kids and their families from the Ronald McDonald House up to the press box for a game.

I'm not sure what some think financial supporters of both the academic and athletic programs are all about, but I bet they might be surprised what a lot of us actually are. We are not unlike them at all, we just make it a priority to contribute at least $100 annually.

For the most part, this is an extremely arrogant post.

I agree, pretty small commitment really. It's always been funny to me that people will pay this much for message boards or some other garbage annually, but they won't give to their program.

Latest posts