Couple things I noticed being at the game...

I also want to see some tangible changes that show accountability and the results are not acceptable. Trotting out the same personnel means you have no intention of improving.

Start with the o-line. They have not generated the necessary push to open consistent running lanes especially in the interior. Let's see Ike Boettger, Boone Myers at the guards some. Possibly others in the mix until we come up with the biggest, nastiest 5 we can put on the field. Some of these starters are way undersized and/ or soft.

Beathard at QB.

Daniels and Canzeri the backs with Weismann for short yardage. No more Bullock.

Willies, Smith, Powell and Manley only at the receivers. Manley for underneath/short routes only.

Parker, Wadley for some jet sweep action.

In a couple games we start scoring 30+ with same schemes.

Big time players, make big time plays and they do it on game days but not when they are on the freaking bench!

There's almost no downside to throwing deep. If you connect it's jackpot. If you don't it gives the defense something to consider and opens up the run and underneath routes. If it's picked off it's like a punt.

Kurt and Derp Gregvis are fools.

I agree. You have to go deep a number of times even if not successful, just to keep the defense honest.

There’s been a 4th qtr drive in every game where we absolutely needed points. All 3 times we got points. What did these drives have in common? We threw the ball downfield, used the middle of the field, and utilized our playmakers.

Some things I noticed as follows:

1. Bo Bower should've had that interception that went through his hands and would've ended the game.

2. Jake Rudock interception by Mutcherson didn't help. Should've put C.J. Beathard in after that mistake. He provides a spark on offense at QB.

3. The defensive line was a non factor through out the game. Need to develop more depth if they're going to be winded at the end.

4. The offensive line wasn't consistent in key situations. Need to blow your opponent of the line with who we have starting.

5. Need a breakaway RB to step up in this offense. The answer isn't Weisman or Bullock either. Canzeri, Daniels, Parker or Wadley need to take on that role. I don't know of either of them are home run threats. Maybe they are and we don't realize or know it.

6. Need a breakaway WR to step up in this offense. The answer isn't Martin-Manley either. Powell or Willies need to take on that role. Powell can fly along with Willies. Do we have any other WR's that can scoot?

7. Need a new coaching regime here. I'm tired of every team knowing what we're going to do on offense. Bob Stoops wanted the Hawkeye job, but Bob Bowlsby wanted to bring in other candidates. Now, look at where we're at with this program.

I'm frustrated with how we played against Iowa State & hope changes are made before we encounter another season like 2012.

Pretty much everything he said!

Couple things I noticed from watching the game.
1. Our coaches are garbage and were outschemed every step of the way.
2. Our players are garbage. Scherff gives up multiple sacks to some nobody. Our WR are slow and can't seperate. Our d in general can't run with ISU, who doesn't have exceptional speed to big with. We couldn't run on the worst rushing D in the country.

Our players are NOT garbage. Most have these young men have accomplished more by age 20 that you have or will in your entire pathetic life.

It is hard to win with a "three yards & a cloud of dust" passing attack. I can only remember two passes of over ten yards.

I'm totally confused why they have all but abandoned the play-action. I don't understand how that wrinkle could possible harm an offense. It is missing in action so far this season.

Missing running game, ineffective play action. Running game missing because everyone stacks the box. Everyone stacks the box because we don't throw to our fastest WR's. O Line is strangely not as good as they should be. All this equals disaster.

We all know what teh answer to teh question is people. Furthermore with every stupid loss to less talent more and more people see teh light, and I think it's at an all time high right now. Kirk needs to go. I know he can't because of the money, but at teh end of teh day, teh final solution here will ultimately be a new head coach. Preferably hired by a new AD because I don't trust GarBar to hire a new janitor, let alone a new head coach. And the dog **** thing is we are stuck with him until at teh very least teh end of teh 2015 season. So gird your loins folks and enjoy taking bites out of this **** sandwich for another two years.

This is because he has a candy arm. Guys with candy arms can't wait for deep patterns to get open because they don't have the strength to get the ball down the field without throwing the ball really early. Jake knows his limits. He either has to release the ball when the receiver is within 15 yards of the LOS or he won't be able to get the ball there. So, when he hits that point, the safeties most likely still are very much in position to make a play. Even if he trusted that the receiver would clear the safety, by throwing a soft ball early, it gives the safety enough time to react and chase down a ball without zip.
#FreeCJ

I also want to see some tangible changes that show accountability and the results are not acceptable. Trotting out the same personnel means you have no intention of improving.

Start with the o-line. They have not generated the necessary push to open consistent running lanes especially in the interior. Let's see Ike Boettger, Boone Myers at the guards some. Possibly others in the mix until we come up with the biggest, nastiest 5 we can put on the field. Some of these starters are way undersized and/ or soft.

Beathard at QB.

Daniels and Canzeri the backs with Weismann for short yardage. No more Bullock.

Willies, Smith, Powell and Manley only at the receivers. Manley for underneath/short routes only.

Parker, Wadley for some jet sweep action.

In a couple games we start scoring 30+ with same schemes.

Big time players, make big time plays and they do it on game days but not when they are on the freaking bench!

Pretty much agree 100% with this. Feel like everyone but Kirky can figure out who the best players on the team are. You have to have playmakers. Damon Bullock has made about 2 plays in 4 years, can he please be on the bench now? I don't care how good of "pass blocker" he is. Can we not have Vandeburg at wideout in goal line situations? Maybe we could, like, ya know put a large WR out there who could jump up and get a ball on a fade to the corner. The way the Bears used Brandon Marshall last night is how we should be using Smith, let him make plays!!! I feel bad for Daniels, he has entered the KF Doghouse...the lowliest of places. See ya next year LeShun!!!

I don't understand the use of Bullock for more than a third down back. Even Weismann with his limitations is better at reading blocks. Canzeri needs to be getting 15 carries a game.
Daniels better have been hurt because there was no reason not to play him.

Last, as far as the defense goes Spearman needs to be a DE. Put Jewel in his spot. Spearman is a huge detriment when the other team is passing.

I don't understand the use of Bullock for more than a third down back. Even Weismann with his limitations is better at reading blocks. Canzeri needs to be getting 15 carries a game.
Daniels better have been hurt because there was no reason not to play him.

Last, as far as the defense goes Spearman needs to be a DE. Put Jewel in his spot. Spearman is a huge detriment when the other team is passing.

I don't think Daniels is hurt. I think he got put in the KF doghouse for the complete whiff in pass protection last week. There are two things that will get RBs in KFs doghouse....fumbles and missed blocks. You could spend all day as an RB missing holes and cutback lanes, but as long as you didn't fumble or miss a block, you'll be out there all day.....see "Damon Bullock".

As far as Spearman, I'd replace Nate Meier with Spearman and put Jewel in Spearman's place once Josey is back from injury.

Latest posts