Could Wisconsin play for the National Title?

bud2380

It's not so far fetched. Cal has Oregon on the ropes. I have watched most of this game, Oregon should be losing. A punt return for TD and a turnover deep in Cal territory are the only reason they have even scored. A gimmicky 2 point conversion has given them the lead and Cal missed a chip shot field goal that would have put them ahead here in the 4th. So if Cal somehow pulls this out, I think Auburn loses to Alabama. That leaves just Boise and TCU as unbeatens. Could Wisconsin jump one of those teams? Very possible. Plus Boise has to go to Nevada yet. So it's not unthinkable. Now let me be very optimistic for a second. Say Iowa beats OSU & Minnesota to finish 9-3. If Michigan St loses to Penn St (which I think they will), then Iowa is tied for 2nd in the Big Ten with 2 teams we beat. If we could sneak up to 14 in the BCS we could make it to the Rose. Although this is unlikely to happen it's certainly in the realm of possibility.

Well Cal couldn't pull it off. Oregon has virtually no challenges left in a weak Pac10 this year, so they will probably go to the National Title game. I hope they play Boise. Auburn will lose to 'Bama, so they will be out. Boise beat TCU last year and have been very impressive. Utah was exposed as a major fraud today, so TCU's win over them last week is now less impressive couple with a struggle today against San Diego St, I think Boise will close the gap significantly this weekend, and they have to play Fresno and Nevada yet, so they have a chance to move up in the computers and impress some pollsters.

I love the way you think! Totally will not happen - but I love the optimism!

I can see Wisconsin making Nat'l Champ. Just cant see Hawks beating Ohio State.

bud, I agree with lloyd - love the optimism! But I think it's a bit too much of a stretch for all those breaks to actually happen.
But, yes, we can always hope. :)

I love the way you think! Totally will not happen - but I love the optimism!

I can see Wisconsin making Nat'l Champ. Just cant see Hawks beating Ohio State.

ditto... I like that optimism. As far as Wisky goes. I would love to see it (since they kind of resemble the Hawks), but... isn't funny how people will now be all over how "great" Wisky is just based on posting a high run-up score? Perception is reality.

The irony is that our only real hope of playing in the Rose rests on Wisconsin playing for the national title. A thought that makes me want to puke. I think I'd rather not play in the Rose. Plus we'd probably play Oregon (assuming the only way Wisconsin gets in the title game is if Oregon loses), and playing Oregon is another thought that makes me want to puke.

Oregon wins out...
Auburn loses to 'Bama and in SEC champ (remember how close the SCar Auburn game was earlier this year?)
LSU loses to Ark

I'll believe the voters let Boise or TCU into champ game when I see it.

Not too far fetched to think Wisconsin could get it.

We wouldn't play Oregon in Rose. We'd play TCU/Boise.

But don't have any idea how we could beat Ohio State...

Latest posts