Could this be KF's last shot at a Big Ten title?

Is this KF's last shot?

• Total voters

MikeyLikesIowa

This thought has to be in the back of KF's mind. Whatever our absolute best shot is, I think we're going to see it next Saturday night against Michigan. We all know KF's not going to be here forever. No one knows exactly how much longer, but a head coach change within the next 5 years seems likely. I do think KF will go out on his terms. Personally, I think we'll have another shot before he's done.

This has been somewhat of a Cinderella season for which the ending hasn't been written yet IMO. Nobody predicted we would be in this position three months ago. No matter what happens, I'm proud of my Hawkeyes, but just once I'd like to see them win a big game in the spotlight and KF crying tears of joy after a win. It just seems like every time we've found ourselves in this position in the past we've folded.

It's about damn time we break the schneid fellas. GO HAWKEYES!

Think Hawks will have just as good of chance next season to get to Indy, thus a Big10 title chance.

Lots of West teams losing several 5th/6th yr guys.
Transfer portal - for everyone.
Iowa may return the most experience of any team and all will improve with more development.
Changes in coaching staffs, Iowa usually stable.

No, I think he will get other cracks at it if he wants. Don Patterson said (on the voice of Iowa on youtube) that his sense from talking with Kirk is that Kirk feels healthy and really enjoys coaching. He does not seem him leaving anytime soon. He would be shocked if he left after this year.

Now, I personally might be more worried if Iowa beats Michigan and finally wins the Rose Bowl. Perhaps, Kirk might have a change of heart and say that is the perfect ending to his career and turn the reigns (lobbying) over to his son.

Think Hawks will have just as good of chance next season to get to Indy, thus a Big10 title chance.

Lots of West teams losing several 5th/6th yr guys.
Transfer portal - for everyone.
Iowa may return the most experience of any team and all will improve with more development.
Changes in coaching staffs, Iowa usually stable.
also have Wisconsin, Nebraska, Michigan and Northwestern at home.

Well be better next year but so will Wisconsin and Nebraska.
Wisconsin will be there. I am not so sure about Nebraska. They lose quite a bit and even their fans (at least some) seem to be looking forward to darker days. Recruiting was poor this year and the next class does not seem to be shaping up very well either.

Bell is headed to the NFL. I feel better about the purdue game already.
Then you better hope Brohm takes one of these job openings. Because he has Iowa figured out. Lets be real, Kirk will be stubborn and continue the "do what we do" sort of mentality going into that game.

No, I think he will get other cracks at it if he wants. Don Patterson said (on the voice of Iowa on youtube) that his sense from talking with Kirk is that Kirk feels healthy and really enjoys coaching. He does not seem him leaving anytime soon. He would be shocked if he left after this year.

Now, I personally might be more worried if Iowa beats Michigan and finally wins the Rose Bowl. Perhaps, Kirk might have a change of heart and say that is the perfect ending to his career and turn the reigns (lobbying) over to his son.

Does KF have enough clout(power) to make BF his immediate successor? Given BF's baggage does he just hand over the reigns to Levar Woods?

That would align the stars perfectly for Kirk, that is unless he wants a shot in the playoffs. Plus with stability being paramount at Iowa, if he feels Brian can handle the job?

Then you better hope Brohm takes one of these job openings. Because he has Iowa figured out. Lets be real, Kirk will be stubborn and continue the "do what we do" sort of mentality going into that game.
Kirk lets Parker have his way on defense. Parker has always been reluctant to adjust the defense to neutralize one player. Sometimes this burns us badly. Sometimes it does not.

Parker gets a lot of free passes on the message boards. He has earned all the praise and accolades he has received. He has also dodged a lot of criticism that then gets attributed to Kirk.

But before Bell there was Moore.
Moore was an amazing talent, but he was not the Hawk Killer that Bell was.
Will they have another stud waiting in the wings - yes, at least one.
Will that player shine the way Bell did against Iowa, probably not.

Randel El, Hardy, Bell, Breeze, Any Northwestern QB, etc. All Hawk Killers that shined more against the Hawks than other teams.

Latest posts