Could Iowa vs NW Be a Play-In Game for NCAA's?

I Did and that is why I said you waffled on your own thread.. ;) Your Title says one thing and your post says another.:cool:

Not really. If I wins the next two, the Iowa/Northwestern game decides who is the 7th Big 10 team to make the tournament (as long as they don't lose their first round game.) Your the only one that doesn't understand this.

I'm pretty sure all he is saying is that the loser of the Iowa/NW game has no shot at the big dance outside of winning the BTT. No need to make an ordeal out of the way he wrote his title. Move along.

Since my theory is almost perfect, Iowa will continue to win as long they don't have a four day layoff or more between games. I am putting money on them now to either win out or at least end the season with only one more loss.

This team is too inconsistent to pull this off, but holy crap...it sure is fun to talk about it!

to break it down further the possible matchup could be a 9-8 Iowa team facing a 8-9 NW team, there are 3 scenario's
the 1st Iowa wins and finishes at 10-8 and NW finishe 8-10 in conference play with a 2 game above .500 team becoming more attractive than a team 2 games under .500
the 2nd NW wins and both finish 9-9 NW will more than likely get the nod and Iowa is out
the 3rd is both finish at 9-9 and both get in with Iowa having to win the BTT to make it
so yeah there is a very good chance they can make it with BTT games being used in determining seeds

I'm pretty sure all he is saying is that the loser of the Iowa/NW game has no shot at the big dance outside of winning the BTT. No need to make an ordeal out of the way he wrote his title. Move along.

Really?

Northwestern RPI-47 and Strength of Schedule is 9th and plays in the #1 ranked RP Conference. Northwestern played a good non-conference schedule and here is a biggie Northwestern has no bad loses.

Iowa RPI is 125 right now and will have a very tough time lowering that to where it needs to be Strength of Schedule is 72. Iowa's non-conference schedule was a joke and has 4 really bad loses.

I would love nothing more for Iowa to be in the dance, but getting there without winning the Big Ten Tourny is IMO unlikely.

to break it down further the possible matchup could be a 9-8 Iowa team facing a 8-9 NW team, there are 3 scenario's
the 1st Iowa wins and finishes at 10-8 and NW finishe 8-10 in conference play with a 2 game above .500 team becoming more attractive than a team 2 games under .500
the 2nd NW wins and both finish 9-9 NW will more than likely get the nod and Iowa is out
the 3rd is both finish at 9-9 and both get in with Iowa having to win the BTT to make it
so yeah there is a very good chance they can make it with BTT games being used in determining seeds

I understand what your saying and hope that to be true. I'm just concerned on how Iowa can become more attractive. Iowa's RPI, SOS and bad loses is going to be a real killer IMO. I'm really concerned on how attractive we can get. IMO Iowa has to win BTT.

Really?

What he's saying is that if northwestern beats you, they(northwestern) might be in. You guys are unbelievable... RPI of 126 and your talking NCAA tournament?

I would pin your hopes on the btt- winning that will be your only hope.

Wow....I guess I totally read the OP differently.

*If Iowa can some how win these next two*Iowa: 17-13 (9-8) 7th Place in B10NW: 17-12 (7-10) 8th Place in B10Winner goes to the NCAA Tournament if they can win 1 or 2 in the BTT.*This all could be for not if we lose tonight*
No. Put the crack pipes down.. So your telling me that if Iowa finishes the regular season at 17-13 and 10-8 in the Big Ten and then loses First Big Ten Tourny game and finishes the season 17-14 they are in.. That's funny **** right there..

Really?What he's saying is that if northwestern beats you, they(northwestern) might be in. You guys are unbelievable... RPI of 126 and your talking NCAA tournament? I would pin your hopes on the btt- winning that will be your only hope.

Eh how will. it feel losing in the first round because your best player air balls FT's every time?

so you are saying a team that has 4 wins over top 25 teams and a sweep over Wisconsin and finishing 7-2 in that same tough conference that NW played in and a possible 5th place finish vs a 9th or 10th place finisher would be more attractice lets be honest , a 5th place team has to be more attractive than a possible 10th place finisher,
which is a real possibilty with their next game being against OSU, so they may come in with 10 losses before they even play Iowa, they now are at 7-9

i just love the good feeling a team that has the possibility of finishing with 10 or 11 losses in conference play can get more consideration for the Dance vs a team that finishes 2 games over .500, boy the hating just keeps pouring out

so you are saying a team that has 4 wins over top 25 teams and a sweep over Wisconsin and finishing 7-2 in that same tough conference that NW played in and a possible 5th place finish vs a 9th or 10th place finisher would be more attractice lets be honest , a 5th place team has to be more attractive than a possible 10th place finisher,
which is a real possibilty with their next game being against OSU, so they may come in with 10 losses before they even play Iowa, they now are at 7-9

I'm saying that Iowa is going to have tough time with getting to be that attractive team. People we are 15-13 right now with an RPI of 125 and 2 road games. We have a long way to go.

Am I missing something??

Fact is If Iowa took care of business against 4 team 3 of which were in Carver(Campbell, Clemson, Penn State and Nebraska) we would be 19-9 right now. That SUCKS!!!!

Last edited:

You're only talking about your wins- which are nice. Its your conference loses to penn state rpi 139 and nebraska 134 that really hurt.

Last edited:

Latest posts