Could Greg Davis go to SMU?

thejumper5

I've seen rumors from Bruce Feldman and others that former Texas HC Mack Brown is the #1 candidate for the open head coaching job at SMU. With Greg Davis' continued ties to Texas (I believe that he still lives in Texas in the offseason) and the fact that he worked so closely with Brown for so long (18 years together at Tulane, North Carolina, and Texas), one has to wonder if Davis would want to reconnect with Brown and take the job as the OC at SMU.

The way your title is written I was prepared to post "PRETTY PLEASE??!!!"

But I would see KOK coming back to Iowa before Brown and GDGD hook up again.

SMU shouldn't be so quick to fire their current head coach. Sure, the season might not be going so well. But the fans and donors and administration just need to be patient and support the guy coaching the team right now. He has a system that works, its just the greedy jealous lazy players who won't buy in and execute the gameplan and win. It can be tempting to think things can improve with a new Head Coach, but the next step for a team like SMU could be a step down.

I don't care where he goes, I just want him to go. It's like the old saying "you don't have to go home, but you can't stay here."

SMU shouldn't be so quick to fire their current head coach. Sure, the season might not be going so well. But the fans and donors and administration just need to be patient and support the guy coaching the team right now. He has a system that works, its just the greedy jealous lazy players who won't buy in and execute the gameplan and win. It can be tempting to think things can improve with a new Head Coach, but the next step for a team like SMU could be a step down.

What you did there, I see it.

This sounds so familiar ... just can't quite place it ....:confused: :mad:

Honestly, the next step down for SMU would be to completely get rid of the sport at the university.

Sky's the limit and heck a 3 win team would have them as excited as ISU with a 3-9 record.

Didn't Texas (Mack Brown) fire Davis? If so, not sure I see them hooking up again.

But it's happy thoughts that keep us young..

I've seen rumors from Bruce Feldman and others that former Texas HC Mack Brown is the #1 candidate for the open head coaching job at SMU. With Greg Davis' continued ties to Texas (I believe that he still lives in Texas in the offseason) and the fact that he worked so closely with Brown for so long (18 years together at Tulane, North Carolina, and Texas), one has to wonder if Davis would want to reconnect with Brown and take the job as the OC at SMU.

fingers-crossed.jpg

Is it against NCAA rules to bribe a school to hire a certain coach? If not I've got 50 bucks.

Seriously though, it scares me to think who Kirk's next "great idea" for a hire would be anyway.

Time to pass the hat to help GD and his moving expenses. Then we can get hyped on our next oc who will be a KF lackluster hire.

Somebody come get me when KF stays out the way and lets someone else run the offense. No hybrid, no anything, here are keys you go do what you do. When we get to that moment then i will be excited.

The AAC is a prestigious football conference with several major powerful programs. Its tough to go up against Memphis or Tulsa week in week out. Four of their losses were to ranked teams, three to top ten teams, one team had an all-world quarterback named Gunner running their offense. Another one of their losses was just because the officials in the AAC conference have a multigenerational grudge against teams with horse mascots that dates back to the days of the SWC, the bad officiating is obvious on the instant replays.

There is a thread on Mustang Fanatic titled "At least we aren't Iowa....", and another titled "What would our record be if we played Iowa's schedule". The Mustangs have played four ranked teams, how many has Iowa played this season? I thought so!

The AAC is a prestigious football conference with several major powerful programs. Its tough to go up against Memphis or Tulsa week in week out. Four of their losses were to ranked teams, three to top ten teams, one team had an all-world quarterback named Gunner running their offense. Another one of their losses was just because the officials in the AAC conference have a multigenerational grudge against teams with horse mascots that dates back to the days of the SWC, the bad officiating is obvious on the instant replays.

There is a thread on Mustang Fanatic titled "At least we aren't Iowa....", and another titled "What would our record be if we played Iowa's schedule". The Mustangs have played four ranked teams, how many has Iowa played this season? I thought so!

Just give it up already

Could Greg Davis go to SMU? NO!!!!! It's over ten yards away so forget it. Maybe a three yard out to Regina as a receiver coach. :). Sorry Regina I hope you have a good running game. :)

Latest posts