could go from 2 seed to the bubble

longtimer

Iowa is 7-4 in big Ten with no marquee wins. Looking at the schedule and taking into consideration the fade that is Iowa's signature under Fran I could see us losing to Wisconsin twice Ohio State Michigan and Michigan State on the road with wins this week at home with Rutgers and Penn State. That would put us at 9-9 with no big wins. Hopefully better but even Rutgers is not a sure thing

If there is a big Ten tournament we wont be getting a bye. Still would guess we make the tournament with maybe a 6-8 seed. Likely 1 and done

This is really shaping up to be one of the most disappointing seasons in recent memory. Still time to turn it around but hard to be optimistic that McCaffrey can push the right buttons

Garza still likely to win player of the year? McCaffrey will have to wait for coach of the year.

SSDY just like last year . What a shame . To the players this is a free year so come back next year and be the team we all know you should be.........

Yup at this point I don't think we make the NCAA tournament. I don't see a game that we win on the remaining schedule. This was our easiest game left and we pissed it down our leg like we have our other losses. We won't win another game this season. Pisses me off because we should be rolling over a lot of these teams.

The more we see this team struggle the more clear it is to me that our bench is offensively challenged. Nunge has shown he can score at times, Murray as well but then we fall off hard. Joe T. Perkins Ullis all pretty solid on D but I'm just not seeing the scoring punch out of any of these guys. I'm not even sure I've seen Ullis or Perkins take a jumper.

Yup at this point I don't think we make the NCAA tournament.
We won't win another game this season.
This is the absolute stupidest fuckin’ thing posted in the history of HN. You need help. Seriously.

You even mentioned you have a history of mental problems so I’ll give ya somewhat of a pass based on that, but between your shitty little 2 year old meltdowns in game threads and calling out players as “cocksuckers” and a whole bunch of other names (I’ll go through the work of requiring you if you want), you need to quit being a “fan” and go F off on some other site. You are absolutely not a fan no matter what stupid excuse you use. Just GTFO.

If you’re going to do zero but post how much of a piece of shit our football and basketball teams are and how they are the shittiest team in existence, go whine on the Rivals board. You’ll get banned within 5 minutes over there.

Flipping out once in a while is one thing, but you’re nothing but a completely miserable F who can’t control his own mind. You do nothing but come here and bitch about players, coaches, and refs, and you calling out players takes it up another notch. Get the F out, and go get your meds adjusted. Nobody here wants to hear for the millionth time how you’re sorry, and you overreacted, and your going to “work on it,” or any of the rest of your bullshit. Just turn 180° and walk.

Would this be one of the biggest choke jobs in college basketball history relative to expectations? I think it would have to be up there.

I got thinking to. Iowa's got some work ahead of it to absolutely be sure they are in it.

Home with Rutgers....a must win
@ Michigan St......a must win
@ Wisconsin
Home with Penn St.....a must win
@ Ohio St
@Michigan
Home with Wisconsin....a must win

Iowa currently sits at 13-6 and 7-5 in league play. Their best wins are likely Purdue, North Carolina, and Rutgers. 2 of these teams are not currently ranked.

If Iowa wins my must win games, that would get them to 17 wins. They would probably get another quality win with Wisconsin. Assuming they lose @Wisconsin, @Ohio St, and @ Michigan....I wonder if they need to win 1 or 2 in the Big Tournament?

I predicted 13-7 in league play....now I'm thinking they will be under that. I think they lose @Michigan St as well and the Wisconsin game at home is a toss up.

I think Iowa is looking more like 16-10 and 10-9 in league play before the Big Ten Tournament. I think they are going to need to win 2 games in the BTT to be safe.

I think Iowa will end up, if they get in (I will still say they find a way to get in) and they are likely looking at a 7 to 11 seed.

Now, the bright side to this, is Iowa could be one of the more dangerous 7 to 11 seeds you will play if they are hitting on all gears that particular game.

Last edited:
This is the absolute stupidest fuckin’ thing posted in the history of HN. You need help. Seriously.

You even mentioned you have a history of mental problems so I’ll give ya somewhat of a pass based on that, but between your shitty little 2 year old meltdowns in game threads and calling out players as “cocksuckers” and a whole bunch of other names (I’ll go through the work of requiring you if you want), you need to quit being a “fan” and go F off on some other site. You are absolutely not a fan no matter what stupid excuse you use. Just GTFO.

If you’re going to do zero but post how much of a piece of shit our football and basketball teams are and how they are the shittiest team in existence, go whine on the Rivals board. You’ll get banned within 5 minutes over there.

Flipping out once in a while is one thing, but you’re nothing but a completely miserable F who can’t control his own mind. You do nothing but come here and bitch about players, coaches, and refs, and you calling out players takes it up another notch. Get the F out, and go get your meds adjusted. Nobody here wants to hear for the millionth time how you’re sorry, and you overreacted, and your going to “work on it,” or any of the rest of your bullshit. Just turn 90° and walk.
Thats one heck of an over reaction talking about someone over reacting.

Would this be one of the biggest choke jobs in college basketball history relative to expectations? I think it would have to be up there.

I got thinking to. Iowa's got some work ahead of it to absolutely be sure they are in it.

@ Wisconsin
@ Ohio St
@Michigan

Iowa currently sits at 13-6 and 7-5 in league play. Their best wins are likely Purdue, North Carolina, and Rutgers. 2 of these teams are not currently ranked.

If Iowa wins my must win games, that would get them to 17 wins. They would probably get another quality win with Wisconsin. Assuming they lose @Wisconsin, @Ohio St, and @ Michigan....I wonder if they need to win 1 or 2 in the Big Tournament?

I predicted 13-7 in league play....now I'm thinking they will be under that. I think they lose @Michigan St as well and the Wisconsin game at home is a toss up.

I think Iowa is looking more like 16-10 and 10-9 in league play before the Big Ten Tournament. I think they are going to need to win 2 games in the BTT to be safe.

I think Iowa will end up, if they get in (I will still say they find a way to get in) and they are likely looking at a 7 to 11 seed.

Now, the bright side to this, is Iowa could be one of the more dangerous 7 to 11 seeds you will play if they are hitting on all gears that particular game.
I think you are forgetting that teams scheduled 4 less give me games this year. 16 wins this year is like 20 wins every other year. Above .500 in the conference gets in easy.

Thats one heck of an over reaction talking about someone over reacting.
You were on your self-imposed sabbatical when he started going off the deep end in game threads.

I can’t help you keep up from being gone when you took your ball and went home. Maybe you should’ve stayed instead.

You were on your self-imposed sabbatical when he started going off the deep end in game threads.

I can’t help you keep up from being gone when you took your ball and went home. Maybe you should’ve stayed instead.
Stanzi has been like that for as long as I've noticed him as a poster. He doesn't handle losses well but is completely fine and a good poster the following day. Big deal. Either way tho, I was just flipping you some shit.

Flipping out once in a while is one thing, but you’re nothing but a completely miserable F who can’t control his own mind. You do nothing but come here and bitch about players, coaches, and refs, and you calling out players takes it up another notch. Get the F out, and go get your meds adjusted. Nobody here wants to hear for the millionth time how you’re sorry, and you overreacted, and your going to “work on it,” or any of the rest of your bullshit. Just turn 90° and walk.
This is a massive overreaction Fryowa. I know you don't like me but I've toned it way down ever since the first Minnesota game. I haven't had any melt downs or even deleted any posts. I haven't called out any players other than normal in-game stuff. I don't deny in the slightest anything I've done in the past but everything you're talking about I haven't done in quite a while. Maybe give a guy a chance instead of jumping down his throat over nothing.

also forgot to put in nebraska make-up game......if that gets made up I would think that would be another win. 11-9 17-10

Don’t think it will be a complete meltdown. Won’t fall below a 6 seed

@ Wisconsin
@ Ohio St
@Michigan

In the history of college basketball? You are kidding? There’s a team in our own conference this year that’s choked far worse relative to expectations...MSU.

The wheels are off and Iowa is slumping. A lot of teams go through that. I am not going to pretend that I know what's going to happen. All I can say is there are no layups on the schedule other than the 2 against Nebraska. Iowa is not fine. They aren't in trouble either. If Iowa goes on a tear and wins some games over the next 3 weeks, this will all go away. If it doesn't, Iowa fans are going to be pissed and understandably so. Get it figured out. Until they do, I won't consider this team more than a 1 and done team and my expectations are higher this season. My only hope is that this teams best basketball is still in front of it. I have doubts that it is.

The wheels are off and Iowa is slumping. A lot of teams go through that. I am not going to pretend that I know what's going to happen. All I can say is there are no layups on the schedule other than the 2 against Nebraska. Iowa is not fine. They aren't in trouble either. If Iowa goes on a tear and wins some games over the next 3 weeks, this will all go away. If it doesn't, Iowa fans are going to be pissed and understandably so. Get it figured out. Until they do, I won't consider this team more than a 1 and done team and my expectations are higher this season. My only hope is that this teams best basketball is still in front of it. I have doubts that it is.

I feel the same way. I really thought the Hawks would win yesterday and it just did not happen. I am usually pretty optimistic when it comes to the Hawks, even at times when it is unrealistic to be so. I don't think it is unrealistic yet, but doubt is certainly starting to creep in.

I am glad that Fran has sat CJF for a few games and really wish he would have sat him starting with the first Indiana game. I get the feeling that having him try some minutes may have aggravated his injury further. It certainly didn't help.

I am not saying if he comes back at 95-100% that the Hawks will suddenly turn it around and go on a big run to end the season, but his absence from the line up has equaled losses for the most part. Maybe him being healthy will turn the tide. I just hope that he gets healthy enough to test that theory, because it is one of the main reasons that I still cling to hope as far as this season goes.

Fran has started to lose his shit publicly with reporters, and that's historically a sign that he's lost control of the situation.

Yesterday Emmert asked him after the game why he sat Garza (normal question that he should expect as a P5 basketball coach), and he told the group of reporters "You guys are unbelievable," told Emmert it was a "ridiculous question; you should know better, Mark." And didn't answer the question. Now I totally understand why he was mad, but you can't do shit like that because it shows you're at the tipping point of losing control.

Morehouse (who is now retired and does not hold back) had a pretty good discussion thread going on Twitter about his run-ins with Fran which were sometimes undeserved, and he talked about some other coaches who got asked way tougher questions but were way more professional. Basically the consensus is that he's a total asshole, and the other thing that just about all the people said was that he's not someone who they'd want to know in "regular" life. I'm totally fine with that kind of personality as long as he's a clean program coach (which I think he is), because he's there to coach, not be friends.

But, I do think he emotionally shows his hand when he gets the red face going and snaps at people. It's not unlike when people were questioning him a couple years ago about his job and he got pissed and said his "body of work" spoke for itself. He's telling everyone he's run out of things to try and that ain't a good look.

As far as the Hawks...here's my take on it. This team is no different than an overinflated stock market and the bubble has burst. An overinflated stock market is valued way too high by people going off of pundit's made-up expectations instead of reality. It's ok to think at the beginning of a season that a team is going to perform at a super high level. But as the season goes on and it doesn't you have to realize that the team simply wasn't as good as you thought it was to begin with.

And to the people who say this team is so awesome compared to any other...they're not--period. Great teams win important games. Admit that you overshot expectations and move on. Posters like @HaydenHawk56 and @Stanzi think just because a bunch of reporters pulled a #3 out of their asses at the beginning of the season that this was a mid-nineties Duke team set to take over the world. Well, it ain't. If it was they would be winning; it's really that simple. This is a good team no doubt, but the true test of whether a team is elite is how they perform. And this squad isn't holding up to the Big Ten.

You cannot make headway in P6 basketball with a defense performing worse than 150th in Division 1. It's impossible...Well guess what, Iowa has been ranked that bad since almost day 1.

You can't give up 8-10 free throws below your average against good teams and lose a game by 5 points, when if you simply hit your average free throws you would've won the game by 5.

Franuary, or Fran Fade, or whatever you want to call it is real. CBB reference will show anyone that right around January 15th Fran's conference winning % falls off a cliff. It's maths.

This isn't a Hawkeye team getting worse and failing out of nowhere, it's an above average team that is playing to it's ability. But the homers can't see that because they were blinded by bullshit rankings and hype videos, and they're getting pissed. At the end of the day this team is going to make the tourney, and suggesting otherwise is exaggerated, cry baby horseshit.

Latest posts