Cougil

kgoblee

Seems I am reading a lot of comments on him not fitting new system etc..

I would just like to say I think this kid has great upside and the best post hands and touch I have seen on any Iowa center in a long time. People forget most bigs need a few years to develope and most Iowa centers didn't really florish until the were Juniors or even seniors.

I hope the people that are calling for him to transfer don't get there short sighted way....

Cougil has a fantastic outlet pass...best on the team certainly. Seems perfect for a running team to me. The break always starts with that first pass.

I just don't understand why we act like he's good. We could probably use the scholly to find another point guard.

Fran coaches basketball, we're talking football here. I'm pretty sure Kirk can turn him into a pro caliber offensive lineman.

I think the concern with Cougs is foot speed and endurance. If FM implements an up tempo/pressing style of play that does not play to Cougs current strengths.

For him to survive in an up tempo style he will have to drop some significant weight and that could affect his play. Another thing hindering him from being in the shape he wants is that he struggled with back problems during the past season. I hope he can stay and contribute, I just think he has the more hurdles to clear than anyone of the current players in adapting to the new style of play.

He's terrible...Move on Cougil

This dbag comment should be removed.

I think he is very good today! Great touch and great athleticism for a big man.

You don't have to look any further than Lohaus and Jepsen for examples of two bigs that didn't do much at all until their senior years - and they both went on to NBA. Cougill definitely is better than both of those guys if you compare their freshmen years. Not even close.

This dbag comment should be removed.

I think he is very good today! Great touch and great athleticism for a big man.

You don't have to look any further than Lohaus and Jepsen for examples of two bigs that didn't do much at all until their senior years - and they both went on to NBA. Cougill definitely is better than both of those guys if you compare their freshmen years. Not even close.

exactly my point, thank you..

I'll let the post stand as an example of what will get you a two week ban for the first offense.

There will be no disparaging comments like this about Iowa's student athletes.

Cougil could have used a red shirt year. I'm hoping he is able to take one as a sophomore. He has the body but not the muscle.

I have never been much of a Cougill fan. I have nothing against the kid as a person, honestly. Just not sure he is an uptempo ball player.

To me, Cougill seems to have some very nice skill sets for a big man. His foot speed however, in an up tempo system could hold him back. I would like to see him afforded the opportunity to take a red shirt year and see what type of player he comes back as.

I know Iowa is a football school, but when did we start posting threads about basketball players in the football forum?

Latest posts