Corey Wooton

Herkeynerd

After watching last night Bears/Vikings game, how rookie Corey Wooton came into the game to replace a lineman then took Brett Farve out of the game, I'm convinced this guy's tackling style is dirty. It seems to be a very violent takedown, kind of like a wrestling move. If the twisting motion doesn't injure your knee or ankle, there's a good chance the collision with the ground will separate your shoulder, crack a rib or give you a concussion.
Yes, I know it is football, but it almost seems like this guy was programmed to injure opposing quarterbacks instead of just sack them. Remember the how he took out Stanzi?

I guess I just have little respect for him for ending the great run Iowa had last year. Intentionally?

Last edited:
I don't think you can come to that conclusion from just two tackles but I would be lying if I didn't say I was thinking about the tackle on the Manzi last night as I watched that.

Yeah I don't know if it is a conclusion, but a seed planted in my brain watching it. Just wanted to know if anybody else had been thinking it. Definitely just needed to get it off my chest and be heard. So I'm glad I wasn't the only one thinking about it.

Yeah I don't know if it is a conclusion, but a seed planted in my brain watching it. Just wanted to know if anybody else had been thinking it. Definitely just needed to get it off my chest and be heard. So I'm glad I wasn't the only one thinking about it.

Being that I cheer for the Vikings I was a little miffed.

Wooton is a QB season-killer no doubt.
I think the tackle on Ricky was done with injuring intent...the way he laid on him long after the ball was out and twisted his torso as his legs were pinned...dirty.
The tackle on Farve was violent but more of a reaction thing.

Wootton is one of the best in the business and it was unfortunate he tore up his knee against Missourrah a few years ago. If the guy was an ex-Hawk and injured Pryor last year and Vick or Rapelisberger this year you guys would be singing his praises.

Funny thing is that I think the "suplex" style tackle is a lot more dangerous than the horse collar.

Last edited:
Wootton is one of the best in the business and it was unfortunate he tore up his knee against Missourrah a few years ago. If the guy was an ex-Hawk and injured Pryor last year and Vick or Rapelisberger this year you guys would be singing his praises.

Agreed, not sure how anyone can say Wooton tackles to cause injury, every single defender in the NFL has that mentality.

Exactly. That's precisely what you want out of a defensive lineman.

It was a form tackle. He had him wrapped up and took him to the ground. Yes, he smacked his shoulder/head, but that's part of the game. We whine about helmet to helmet hits and know that he wrapped him up people still complain. IT'S FOOTBALL.

How can you tell? He's got 4 career tackles.

The dude's a rook. He had a bad senior campaign from a torn up knee (still managed 4 bags compared to Clayborn's 3.5), but his junior season the dude was absolutely sick. After this year, he will get a full camp next year with his knee in great shape and he will be a nice ballplayer.

The dude's a rook. He had a bad senior campaign from a torn up knee (still managed 4 bags compared to Clayborn's 3.5), but his junior season the dude was absolutely sick. After this year, he will get a full camp next year with his knee in great shape and he will be a nice ballplayer.

I might disagree with some of what you say...but I'm glad we found common ground haha.

The dude is playing a violent game. Injuries happen... don't like it? Block him.

This....what he did to Favre was in no way illegal or malicious...I understand helmet to helmet and stuff...but Wooten just tossed Favre to the ground.

Latest posts