Cordell Pemsl in Transfer Portal

Pemsel would probably dominate at Coe. Maybe UNI as a role player?
Role player? Have you seen the bigs that UNI has had the last few years? He would average a double double at most MVC schools. UNI also plays an offense that doesn't require the post player to have a perimeter shot. I think he would fit in well at UNI. They have a need at that position. He may not be a star player because Green is the star, but I think he would either start or play significant minutes at UNI.

But UNI and Iowa kind of have a bad blood thing right now so Drake may be a better spot for him. At UNI he would have a decent shot at making the tourney next year though. I see three graduating seniors and Born is the only incoming scholarship player that I'm aware.

"Encouraging" guys to move on is the ugly side of being a Power 6 coach. They all have to do it...... Fran is not immune to it.
Yea I know, and I've got no problem with Fran doing it. I just meant I hope for Pemsl's sake it was his choice instead of being forced to miss out on next year's season.

Good luck to CP., thanks for being a Hawk. He gave all he had and was a difference maker in multiple games. Had a great freshman season! Almost single handedly beat ISU. Hope he has a great end to his career. Like to see him land at Drake or UNI.

Good luck to CP., thanks for being a Hawk. He gave all he had and was a difference maker in multiple games. Had a great freshman season! Almost single handedly beat ISU. Hope he has a great end to his career. Like to see him land at Drake or UNI.
Just not Wisconsin.

I hope he ends up at one of those schools too like Brady Ellingson did.

I think it's something that most fans thought could be a possibility.

I'm also curious to see where Till will end up. I think he could be a solid role player at a lower tier mid major.

Not a brag but I've been calling this since about November. With garzas massive flex on the basketball world the writing was on the wall for Pemsl. He'd just be much better served at UNI or an MVC type school

He showed some flashes but the injuries just kept him down. It's unfortunate but it happens. Hopefully nunge doesn't go down this track too

Role player? Have you seen the bigs that UNI has had the last few years? He would average a double double at most MVC schools. UNI also plays an offense that doesn't require the post player to have a perimeter shot. I think he would fit in well at UNI. They have a need at that position. He may not be a star player because Green is the star, but I think he would either start or play significant minutes at UNI.

But UNI and Iowa kind of have a bad blood thing right now so Drake may be a better spot for him. At UNI he would have a decent shot at making the tourney next year though. I see three graduating seniors and Born is the only incoming scholarship player that I'm aware.
Role player, yep.

Was an incredibly interesting player as a frosh- the body type, effort and high FG% were so intriguing. Injuries etc, some things don't work out.
All the best Cordell!

Was an incredibly interesting player as a frosh- the body type, effort and high FG% were so intriguing. Injuries etc, some things don't work out.
All the best Cordell!
I still think he was at his best when he had a Nigel Hayes type body, with the strength and girth in his rear end and upper legs.

He could seal and bury defenders.

The weight he lost didn't really make him any quicker and made him a lot weaker in the post. Defenders could wall him off, knock him off stride and off balance, and shots he made as a freshman were getting stuffed at the rim, or he was turning it over.

He still needed to lose the weight however. For his knees and his well being.

Always liked Cordell. When he stepped on the court you knew he would bring energy and competitiveness. Wished he would of stayed, but I can also understand. He will always be a Hawk and look forward to him returning someday as a fan. Thanks for the memories Cordell and best of luck at your next stop and your future endeavors.

I still think he was at his best when he had a Nigel Hayes type body, with the strength and girth in his rear end and upper legs.

He could seal and bury defenders.

The weight he lost didn't really make him any quicker and made him a lot weaker in the post. Defenders could wall him off, knock him off stride and off balance, and shots he made as a freshman were getting stuffed at the rim, or he was turning it over.

He still needed to lose the weight however. For his knees and his well being.
THIS! His game was at it’s best when that weight was at his advantage. Carving out space on the block. And was great at using that weight.

THIS! His game was at it’s best when that weight was at his advantage. Carving out space on the block. And was great at using that weight.
He also missed an open shot from the foul line area in the NIT game against TCU that would have sent the game to double OT and I've always wondered how much that affected him.

He had an effective mid range in high school and three point range as well. Of course that wasn't against division 1 competition.

He also missed an open shot from the foul line area in the NIT game against TCU that would have sent the game to double OT and I've always wondered how much that affected him.

He had an effective mid range in high school and three point range as well. Of course that wasn't against division 1 competition.

He actually had a pretty good shot in HS. I watched him as Iowa was recruiting a similar local player.

He actually had a pretty good shot in HS. I watched him as Iowa was recruiting a similar local player.
He played for Tom English in high school (as did Eric May a decade earlier). Tom is one of the good guys in the high school coaching ranks.

Cordell also had good range on the AAU circuit, but again defense is optional in many AAU programs.

I'm thinking this was predetermined well before Fran even offered those scholarships, I'm thinking Fran had to know he had a 13th scholarship available or he wouldn't have offered it.

I'll be rooting for Pemsl wherever he winds up. I'm wondering if his degree will be the deciding factor where he winds up.

Latest posts