Cordell Pemsl in Transfer Portal

I had been calling this one since early last year. This clears up the rotation and scholarship situation some, however is Iowa a little light on big man depth? Probably means Ogundele will not be one of the redshirt candidates.

Good luck to CP going forward, I will be sure to follow how he does.

I will miss Cordell. Great team player, dealt with numerous injuries, and ended up playing on a team that has a very competitive roster. I sure am glad we had him this year! His absence would have been a big deal.

Kinda knew it was possible but if I had to bet one way or the other I didn't think he was going to leave. It'll be interesting to see where he ends up. That opens up some front court PT. I know we are all kinda assuming Garza is coming back. Now we really hope so just that much more.

Kinda knew it was possible but if I had to bet one way or the other I didn't think he was going to leave. It'll be interesting to see where he ends up. That opens up some front court PT. I know we are all kinda assuming Garza is coming back. Now we really hope so just that much more.
I hope Fran didn't push him out. He loves being a hawkeye and he's going to miss out on a great season. I hope its because that's what he wants.

I hope Fran didn't push him out. He loves being a hawkeye and he's going to miss out on a great season. I hope its because that's what he wants.
Yeah I don't get that impression. I think he just wanted a fresh start somewhere for his last season. He knew if Garza comes back with a healthy Nunge that Iowa was going to be playing more small ball with CM then anything. He just wasn't going to play a whole lot. I'm pretty fired up to see that big Freshman from London too and now he'll be able to get his feet wet right away. I bet you he doesn't redshirt and he'll play what little mins Pemsl would have and that'll be invaluable to him. This is a good thing for everyone involved I think.

Pemsel would probably dominate at Coe. Maybe UNI as a role player?

I just looked at the UNI roster and I counted 4 Seniors so their could be room for someone like Pemsl. How he would exactly fit in I am not sure. He could be a 14/7 guy in the MVC if he can stay healthy.

"Encouraging" guys to move on is the ugly side of being a Power 6 coach. They all have to do it...... Fran is not immune to it.

Latest posts