Cordell Pemsl has Season-Ending Surgery

He has not and under today's rules he should.

There was a time when you could not take a medical redshirt if you played past the quarter point of the season. Among others, this doomed Al Lorenzen in 1988 when his back shut him down. Now, it sounds like you can apply if you play in less than a quarter of your games but I'm still not completely sure on that.

I could be mistaken but I think the current rules are you can't play in more than 30% of a teams games and the injury/illness has to occur before the midpoint of the team's season. ie before game 16 of 30 etc. Anybody know for certain?

I could be mistaken but I think the current rules are you can't play in more than 30% of a teams games and the injury/illness has to occur before the midpoint of the team's season. ie before game 16 of 30 etc. Anybody know for certain?
I don't know the rules but I'm sure this was all researched before he played against ISU. There was never a doubt in my mind that he played in that game because it was Iowa State...and that was the only game he intended to play.