Copeland not returning

Set up a Philbin-Chryst double hire?

I wonder if they've had their OC for awhile, and new guy(s) said I need two openings for staff. And Kirk gave the fired guys a week or two to try to land spots before announcing.

That just gives the new OC freedom to choose his own coaches.

Wide receiver coach……….. likely found him in the addict somewhere covered in dust.

I wonder if it's one of those package deals like when Davis brought in his own WR coach. Then once Davis was gone so was his guy.

Did he see writing on the wall and just decide to leave? Or did KF give him a push and say look don't make me fire you I'll be nice about it give ya a good recommendation for another gig if ya just leave on your own? To me this is exactly what shoulda happened to both him and BF last yr at this time (or two yrs ago) But we all know with his kid that wasn't ever going to happen hence Goetz stepping in...

If only Barnet would leave too. KF has such a blind spot with guys. Performance and outcomes just don't seem to matter to him if he just likes you. He seems to really like Barnet so he's not going anywhere is my best guess but the guy really hasn't developed a good line at all. 3 yrs of poor performance is just too long a leash in todays college football if you ask me...

KC has been trying to exit for a few years, pretty much since Foster and Polasek took off as the trio came in together.

He did not help his standing with KF with his comments last year about how hard it is to recruit receivers to Iowa, even though he's right.

Did he see writing on the wall and just decide to leave? Or did KF give him a push and say look don't make me fire you I'll be nice about it give ya a good recommendation for another gig if ya just leave on your own? To me this is exactly what shoulda happened to both him and BF last yr at this time (or two yrs ago) But we all know with his kid that wasn't ever going to happen hence Goetz stepping in...

If only Barnet would leave too. KF has such a blind spot with guys. Performance and outcomes just don't seem to matter to him if he just likes you. He seems to really like Barnet so he's not going anywhere is my best guess but the guy really hasn't developed a good line at all. 3 yrs of poor performance is just too long a leash in todays college football if you ask me...
It sounds as if his contract was not renewed so he didn't have a choice in the matter. I have seen some other media outlets speculate that perhaps he was cleared out so the incoming OC could bring in his guy. That makes a lot of sense. And, it wasn't like the WR group was overachieving.

Maybe give Marvin McNutt a shot. He at least knows the hurdles he must overcome.

Although, his comments from this article could take him out of the running.

Kluver could probably get a job at Iowa if he ever wants to expand beyond the Washed Up White Guys pod.

9ebfa7a509fb8a748c61497ac95a0ac3.gif

8A9ojE.gif

main-qimg-3cd1e16723234d477c070e44d7f8cb56

Last edited:
WR Coach at the UIowa the past few years had to be the most thankless D-1 position coach job in the entire nation.

That just gives the new OC freedom to choose his own coaches.
The Iowa OC isn’t choosing squat in regards to starting while KF is in town.

The naïveté here when it comes to Iowa football is pretty astounding.

Maybe give Marvin McNutt a shot. He at least knows the hurdles he must overcome.

Although, his comments from this article could take him out of the running.

Kluver could probably get a job at Iowa if he ever wants to expand beyond the Washed Up White Guys pod.
Pretty sure it's not called that....
Kluver could would make a great strength coach but I doubt Braithwaite is going anywhere anytime soon

You hire Kluver and you'll alienate even more Black alumni of the program than are already estranged.

Like Fry said, the lack of understanding and awareness by some fans in regards to this program is astounding.

Latest posts