Cook NBA Diamond in Rough?

revkev73

Don't several NBA scouts look at Cook's athletic ability and think, yah, we are going to take a chance on this guy, teach him how to dribble, shoot, pass, box out, pick and roll, post up with some nifty moves? He does things few Hawkeyes have ever done.

2-3 years he will be tuned up for the NBA.

He is a reggie evans waiting to happen if they can really get cook to be a rebounder and put back artist. An he can have a sweet game inside of 10 feet if he can get his jump shot working. Hey he could go to the nba D/G league and work on his game and get paid or he can come back to Iowa and show the scouts next year he has a jumper and better hands. They know he can dunk most of the time. Can he play some defense and rebound and work to get 8-10 pts a game coming off and NBA bench? Maybe.

He is a reggie evans waiting to happen if they can really get cook to be a rebounder and put back artist. An he can have a sweet game inside of 10 feet if he can get his jump shot working. Hey he could go to the nba D/G league and work on his game and get paid or he can come back to Iowa and show the scouts next year he has a jumper and better hands. They know he can dunk most of the time. Can he play some defense and rebound and work to get 8-10 pts a game coming off and NBA bench? Maybe.
He needs to get better coaching, where he is now, won't lead to the NBA.

I do think Cook will get a g-league shot. I don't think he'll be drafted or anything, but someone will stash him and see what he can develop into. Its hard not to look at the dunks and think what he could become.

The g-league added another team this year and are adding another one next year. There is room

If starts playing like he played last night...consistently. He's got something...and he's damn fun to watch.

Where has this been?

He needs to get better coaching, where he is now, won't lead to the NBA.
It's not coaching (although I agree that the coaching is bad). It's his motor or lack there of. The NBA will take big, athletic bodies that don't have much of an offensive skill set, as long as they play hard every minute they are on the floor, rebound and defend. People look at Cook's numbers and see 8 RPG and think that's pretty good. With his size and athleticism, he should average 12-14 RPG. NBA scouts know this.
You put Garza's motor in Cook's body and you got an NBA player.

Just my opinion but I thought Doug Thomas had more NBA potential then cook and if he couldn't make the league I'm not sure cook will.
He's a pretty good comp to Cook. Cook is better with more of an overall floor game. But as far as running the floor and overall athleticism goes Thomas wouldn't take a back seat to him or many. Cook gets bashed some for his basketball IQ but he makes some good passes and plays too. He's just inconsistent and lightning rod for criticism due to expectations. I wish he'd have developed more too. But he's not a terrible player or anything. Not even close

Don't several NBA scouts look at Cook's athletic ability and think, yah, we are going to take a chance on this guy, teach him how to dribble, shoot, pass, box out, pick and roll, post up with some nifty moves? He does things few Hawkeyes have ever done.

2-3 years he will be tuned up for the NBA.

Cook is a very good athlete but his athletic ability wouldn't stand out at the NBA level.

If he wants to be a pro athlete he should talk to Kirk about playing TE.

Cook is a great athlete, no doubt. But great athlete's are a dime a dozen. I don't see any NBA teams needing his athleticism. But I'll bet he could make a helluva living overseas like Aaron White is.

Latest posts