Cook, Bohannon All-B1G

honestly, i'd take jordan murphy 1000 times out of 100 over lamar stevens. that pick makes no sense to me. every single game murphy had was a double-double, almost.

honestly, i'd take jordan murphy 1000 times out of 100 over lamar stevens. that pick makes no sense to me. every single game murphy had was a double-double, almost.

I'm exactly the opposite. Stevens puts so much pressure on a defense with his ability to hit jumpshots, his ability to drive to the hole, etc. Murphy is pretty much a one-trick pony (albeit, he does that one-trick really well :))

Rebounds can be a product of many things, I.E number of possessions, number of missed shots, other rebounders around you. Murphy is without question a very very good rebounder.

As a player I’m taking Stevens, so I tend to side with the coaches who scouted and played against both.

Both were deserving candidates.

21-10
10-10
6th place in B1G
Six upper division for Iowa since 2013 (Tie with Wisky). MSU with most 7.
NCAA qualifier. 4 for 6.
4 players with conference honors.

Just lining up more rationale to run Fran...
I’m breathing through my nose again after yesterday.

So...looking at only 1st, 2nd and 3rd team and the all freshmen team who’s back next year? Best guess on underclassmen?
1st Team:
Gone - Happ (Sr)
Likely Gone - Fernando
Could Go - Stevens & Edwards
Likely Stay - Winston

2nd Team-
Gone - Murphy (Sr)
Likely gone - Langford
Could go - Iggy
Likely stay - Simpson & Cowan

3rd Team -
Gone - Palmer Jr (Sr)
Likely gone - Cook (not smart)
Could go - Coffey
Likely stay - Ward & JBo

Others -
Gone - Morgan, McQuaid, Goins, Pardon, Cline (all seniors)
Likely gone - Dosunmu
Could go - Poole

But I was wondering about the all conference guys...trying to figure out how many seniors and early outs from the top tier.

21-10
10-10 Mediocre
6th place in B1G Mediocre
Six upper division for Iowa since 2013 (Tie with Wisky). MSU with most 7. Long term mediocre
NCAA qualifier. 4 for 6. Gets crushed by double digits when they play a real team.
4 players with conference honors. Hasn't equated to a BIG Title

Just lining up more rationale to run Fran... It's not evidence to keep him or fire him, as long as your goal is mediocrity.
I’m breathing through my nose again after yesterday.

Latest posts