Construction State Of The Union

Fryowa

Administrator
I haven't been to IC since wrestling season.

Is the 80 interchange still going on same as last year? Just wondering if we're going to be totally effed again this year.

I haven't been to IC since wrestling season.

Is the 80 interchange still going on same as last year? Just wondering if we're going to be totally effed again this year.
Still going on, but more lanes traveling west to east. East to West is still tight. I was just there ths week.

The whole interstate probably needs to go to 3 lanes freaking everywhere with possible exceptions in some of the mountain west states where they can't widen due to terrain.

If you're coming down I-380 from the North you will still have to exit on the loop to I-80 East, same as it's always been. If you're coming from I-80 from the West, the lanes are all open and there really isn't any change.

Either way, it's not appreciably worse than it was before the construction started. I think by next year, there will be a new I-80 East exit ramp when you're coming down I-380 that will be a huge improvement; no more backing up of traffic trying to exit onto that ridiculous loop. As Chickenlounge said, I think this goes until sometime in 2024 but they appear to be getting fairly close to getting some of these ramps open pretty soon. We'll see.

I actually think they may be widening it some from I-80 interchange going north to CR on I-380 or whatever they call it now. They just completed the Forever Green interchange by North Liberty a couple years ago and I notice they are already ripping some of it up around there to I think widen the lanes to at least 6 or 8 total. They should have done that when they built the Forever Green exchange.

I actually think they may be widening it some from I-80 interchange going north to CR on I-380 or whatever they call it now. They just completed the Forever Green interchange by North Liberty a couple years ago and I notice they are already ripping some of it up around there to I think widen the lanes to at least 6 or 8 total. They should have done that when they built the Forever Green exchange.
Yeah, it looks like they're adding a 4th lane between the interchange and forever green road, but I don't know for sure. 380 needs to be 3 lanes between CR and IC. That road sucks. Or make the 3rd lane a protected Express lane. Starts at forever green and there are no exits until Hwy 30.

Yeah, it looks like they're adding a 4th lane between the interchange and forever green road, but I don't know for sure. 380 needs to be 3 lanes between CR and IC. That road sucks. Or make the 3rd lane a protected Express lane. Starts at forever green and there are no exits until Hwy 30.

Yea, never heard much about that. I had to presume it after what I saw.

There is the Swisher exit about half way there but..............................

Latest posts