Connor McCaffery rated a 5 star

Thanks for the link, wonder if we have a serious shot getting him to commit.....

Fran and Marge must be extremely proud of both their boys.....

Conner will help, along with the new recruits coming in this season and next, making Iowa a serious consideration for the All Stars. We are already getting interest from some highly rated players. Took Kentucky to lure Ulis away.....

Congratulations to Conner.....

Last edited:
Conner can play. He is the new White Magic. He has skill and has three more years to improve. Fran just might have a McDonald's All American living in his house eating Marge's Apple Cobbler.....

Here is an article from Hawk Central on March third.....

:rolleyes:

Conner shows very good court vision on that tape. Constantly looking for seams and passing lanes setting up his teammates. Pretty good stroke too. It's going to be fun watching him develop the next 3 years.

Conner shows very good court vision on that tape. Constantly looking for seams and passing lanes setting up his teammates. Pretty good stroke too. It's going to be fun watching him develop the next 3 years.

How's his temper? Just asking.

Hopefully Fran doesn't go anywhere before 2017....It would be rough to see him go somewhere else like when McD left ISU for Creighton

I was able to watch Conner play in the state championship this past season in Des Moines against Valley. He mostly deferred to his older teammates as a true freshman. After watching I would have never guessed he would be a 5 star recruit but that is great for him. When I think 5 star I think a player oozing with game and ability. I did not see that from Conner this one night but he will continue to improve and as he gets older take a more prominent role. The ranking probably accounts for that.

I also saw Cordell Pemsl play in the other championship game. He had a nice game around the bucket but nothing else about his play stood out to me. I remember thinking he might be an MVC player.

Then I watched some of the online videos of both players and was much more impressed with both players especially Cordell.

These comments are not a bash on either player just to comment that the whole recruiting evaluation thing is really interesting to say the least. Also it can be hard to project what you see to the next level.

Last edited:
^ That's exactly why the AAU scene is so huge. Player roles and gameplay are so different from their high school team. Not to mention a more equal/intriguing playing field. It should be interesting to see how Connor develops his game the next few years. They list him as a SF and he plays PG for his HS team. At 6'4" already and most likely to grow a few more inches, he could end up having the ability to play the 1, 2, & 3.

Conner is a very good passer, thinks quick and passes for a nice assist with ease. Wonder how good he will be in his senior season. Wonder if Roy has the cojones to recruit Conner. Can you imagine him sitting with Fran and Marge in their living room.....

I would pay to see it.....

From the little bit of watching the state tournament, the thing I noticed was he rarely turned the ball over. He had great poise for a freshmen. Cordell Pmsel had his right shoulder in a harness in the tourney. Even with one arm, no high school player could handle him down low.

We all remember Marcus Paige's heroics as a frosh in the state title game...so often these good ones are good early. The key for Connor is to polish his handle in case he is done growing, so he can still play pg. If he does grow to 6'7'' or more, he have a great skillset for 3-4 positions.

Shot looks a lot like Manu Ginobili. Shoulders are not very square to the bucket. Left elbow chicken wings out.

How good of a shooter is he? What kind of percentage does he shoot from distance and from the line?

Conner is a very good passer, thinks quick and passes for a nice assist with ease. Wonder how good he will be in his senior season. Wonder if Roy has the cojones to recruit Conner. Can you imagine him sitting with Fran and Marge in their living room.....

I would pay to see it.....

I would pay that to see their reaction, lol!

This made me laugh. Almost sitcom material. A line of recruiters out the door, with fran evaluating recruiters, marge criticizing them and conner being wooed

Latest posts