Connor Mac wows in the defense free all star game!

ummm...those were allstars?

Either way he did what he was supposed to do. Dominate. It was the "Eastern Iowa" all stars game. Connor might have been the only D1 prospect in the game. Makes no difference, the best competition he will have ever seen will be the day he hits campus. He will adapt and grow or he won't. All the same he is where one would expect at this point in his career.

No comment on the game but what a bright future Connor McCaffery has. Very interested to see what develops with him. In what little he has said on the subject Fran stated that Connor wants to play major league baseball which while hard to do would make things interesting if he gets drafted and offered a contract. 4.0 student which makes college an attractive option as well.

The fan side of me wants him to go to college, play both sports in some fashion or another and develop his baseball skills enough to where he can make a nice living and then perhaps go on to coach in another life. I would guess how his baseball season goes this summer will go a long way in determining what happens next.

What he means is that since he can find 2 examples in the last 30 years, it means All Star games have good defense.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Bill Russell retire in 1969 which would make it a bit over 30 years.... unless you're using common core mathematics.

“People kind of look at you funny occasionally. They might have a different opinion of you,” he said. “Everyone wants to have an opinion, and I think that’s probably a little frustrating. For me, I might be on a higher stage, in terms of my social status and all that, because of who my dad is. That helps me, yeah. There are great things that come from that.

"But I think it hurts me, too. Everybody wants to see me, so they can say what they think. Make a judgement on me. Everyone is quick to judge.”

Smart kid. This board certainly is evidence of that.

LINK

“People kind of look at you funny occasionally. They might have a different opinion of you,” he said. “Everyone wants to have an opinion, and I think that’s probably a little frustrating. For me, I might be on a higher stage, in terms of my social status and all that, because of who my dad is. That helps me, yeah. There are great things that come from that.

"But I think it hurts me, too. Everybody wants to see me, so they can say what they think. Make a judgement on me. Everyone is quick to judge.”

Smart kid. This board certainly is evidence of that.

LINK

I think Connor is going to be a great Hawkeye - never seen a 4 star recruit hated on so quickly but this is Iowa fan we're talking about.

Latest posts