Connor done with baseball for the summer

Connor should be taking it inside much more, making the basket or getting free throws. Driving to the basket will attract more attention enabling him to use his passing skills for an assist.....

His ball handling, passing, basketball savvy and most especially his Attitude are what I most like about his game. He has attitude. He and Cordell will take no shite from anyone. Connor is hard nosed and hands out the punishment. He reminds me of TheVanillaGorilla in that respect. He has the ability to get into the opponents heads. The opposition wants to school the coachs son and he is more than prepared for the psychological warfare. He and JBo are masterful at that aspect of the game.....

He does need to shoot at least 200 threes a day. Have someone rebounding to him and immediatelly passing the ball to him for an automatic shot attempt without thinking about it at all. Just catch and shoot. I did that one Summer for Rod Thompson when I took my son to IC to run the field at Kinnick. They were working on one side of the field and he ran goal line to goal line and was thrilled. We then went to Carver, We were walking on the floor when Rod dribbled a ball in. I said hello and he lifted my son up to the basket to dunk the ball. He started shooting threes and I rebounded for him, immediately bouncing a pass right to him waist height. He would catch and shoot right away, making all to them. He said he aimed fot the square behind the rim when shooting at an angle., Goes in every time, Man, he said. Someone should do that for Connor every day and twice on Tuesdays.....

That same trip we went to the PTL. It was just before Horner and Brunners first season. We were sitting behind the basket. Just before the game started, a woman approached the seats and extended a hand for me to help her into the second row. It was Horner's Mother and we talked throughtout the game. That was cool.....

Connor gonna be OK
I'd sign up to crash some boards for him for an afternoon

I listened to the Horner podcast and he was talking about his freshman year. Said he was always a really confident guy but by the end of the year he was second guessing every shot he took. Said he list all confidence and shot terrible. Connor was the first person I thought of. I bet this year he has twice as many attempts and shoots high 30s.

I listened to the Horner podcast and he was talking about his freshman year. Said he was always a really confident guy but by the end of the year he was second guessing every shot he took. Said he list all confidence and shot terrible. Connor was the first person I thought of. I bet this year he has twice as many attempts and shoots high 30s.

You underestimate the impact the speed of the game on confidence for the role he us tryinv to play. It isnt there.

You underestimate the impact the speed of the game on confidence for the role he us tryinv to play. It isnt there.

He had plenty of open shots that he passed up on. I agree that the speed of the game is a factor. But so is being a first year player. It made Horner hesitant and you can tell Connor was too. He didn't look to be afraid of the speed to me. In fact, he looked extremely comfortable out there other than the times he was deciding whether or not to shoot.

He had plenty of open shots that he passed up on. I agree that the speed of the game is a factor. But so is being a first year player. It made Horner hesitant and you can tell Connor was too. He didn't look to be afraid of the speed to me. In fact, he looked extremely comfortable out there other than the times he was deciding whether or not to shoot.

Mcaffery s generally dont suffer from low esteem:D...

With the 3 point line being moved back even more next year, you'd think his percentage certainly won't improve much. I'd be focusing on a better mid-range jumper and my inside game more than anything.