Connies vs Clowns scrimmage results

Greg Gard returning to the arena and Bo Ryan court where he served under it's namesake for six years, and where his brother Jeff now coaches.

I usually get to a UWP game or two per year, usually when my eighth grader is a ballboy.

Their ankle bracelets not allow them to leave the state?

Ha..I mean to be fair we have had our share as well..lol..Lard still suspended I think...but Young is out couple months and tally broke his nose i think a month ago so didnt play i guess.

Yea i’m Seeing we lost by maybe 15? Just a scrimmage so not too worried about it but you would rather win for sure..someone posted somewhere Bohannon didnt play? Well that would not help for sure. Ofc Porter, Mizzou best player, is out for year too. I honestly expected Iowa to roll in this scrimmage but oh well.

It doesn't sound like Iowa state will be very good this year. They have a lot of maybes on their team.

How much motivation from Fran can we expect when Buyout Barta set him up for retirement?
It's not the motivation, per say. I think Fran is a competitor. He doesn't like to lose. The question is how much ego can he overcome? I find it comical that another coach came in and said our defense was really bad. No shit, Capt Obvious! I wonder how much money that cost Fran. I would have gone down there and taught them defense for free.

It's not the motivation, per say. I think Fran is a competitor. He doesn't like to lose. The question is how much ego can he overcome? I find it comical that another coach came in and said our defense was really bad. No shit, Capt Obvious! I wonder how much money that cost Fran. I would have gone down there and taught them defense for free.
Even funnier that it was temporary. I think the guy's job was more about teaching Fran how to coach defense.

It doesn't sound like Iowa state will be very good this year. They have a lot of maybes on their team.

Yea i wouldn’t count on that...they will be much improved IMO..Horton tucker kid unfortunately sounds like a stud...Babb i guess is healthy..Shayok the transfer was the top player in both scrimmages and that includes Wigginton being pre season 1st team all conf. Adding Jacobsen as a decent role player to spell Lard will help them.

ISU is likely going to have a solid team...if they stay healthy..kinda like Iowa...health wise i mean.

Yea i wouldn’t count on that...they will be much improved IMO..Horton tucker kid unfortunately sounds like a stud...Babb i guess is healthy..Shayok the transfer was the top player in both scrimmages and that includes Wigginton being pre season 1st team all conf. Adding Jacobsen as a decent role player to spell Lard will help them.

ISU is likely going to have a solid team...if they stay healthy..kinda like Iowa...health wise i mean.
They do have some question marks, but I was just trying to make the Iowa state supporters happy. I do like Jacobson and was sorry when he chose to transfer to Iowa state.

They don't mess around with helter skelter ten, eleven men rotations. The days of being effective doing that in college basketball are long gone.

They find the best seven or eight and play them. A lot. And they don't seem to get tired, at least when we play them. Even Alford won two conference championships, advanced to a final, and was an Alondo Tucker buzzer beater away from advancing to another final. And he usually played seven or eight. Conference championship tournaments, and tough non con schedules, may have been Alford's finest hours at Iowa. Many other hours weren't so fine.

Last edited:

Latest posts