Conner's assist to turn-over ratio this year=

I feel somewhat vindicated because I suggested a while back that Iowa try more man to man. There are some indicators that very adjustment had helped out.

Matchup zone is really tricky to do well and, frankly, I lack confidence in Fran & Co's ability to run it at this level. Man is just a lot easier and should cut down on the other teams' OREB%. With Iowa being such an aggressive transition team, I think we're already going to be conceding an above average OREB% a lot of the time as a trade off, but you can't let it get out of control either.

I feel somewhat vindicated because I suggested a while back that Iowa try more man to man. There are some indicators that very adjustment had helped out.

Matchup zone is really tricky to do well and, frankly, I lack confidence in Fran & Co's ability to run it at this level. Man is just a lot easier and should cut down on the other teams' OREB%. With Iowa being such an aggressive transition team, I think we're already going to be conceding an above average OREB% a lot of the time as a trade off, but you can't let it get out of control either.
Yeah our zone just doesn't prevent what their goal is very well. To make them take outside contested shots and then get the rebound. Well often the shots they get are pretty darn wide open looks and if they don't make them (like MSU didn't) then they tend to get the offensive rebound and get extra possessions. Leaving us at that end of the floor right where we don't like to be. Sprinkling in more man to man I think is the ticket too. We'll probably give up more dribble drives. Maybe foul more often but we'll give up less wide open jumpers and should be in better rebounding position.

Latest posts