Congrats to Steven Alford

eccpanther

For once again building up the hopes and dreams of another fan base and letting them come to a crashing stop. Go ahead and put him up for the loser of the week, along with the coach of the year!!!

On whom do you suppose stevie-boy will blame this blowout loss??:D

lost by 18...

ended the season at 30-5, 1-1 in The Dance. almost as good as Bill Self.

Go Panthers -- all the way

GlidingHawk

Alford's loss is not a surprise to me at all. He is a coach that is very very very good early in the season but can't keep his team winning/synchronous later in the year. That makes for very good records in weaker conferences like the Mountain West or when he was at SWMS. He doesn't know how to periodize his team for success when it really matters--like in a REAL conference season or in this instance the NCAAs. He may "succeed" at NM for a while only to go to a real conference school and fail all over again. This isn't sour grapes...its reality.

That makes for very good records in weaker conferences like the Mountain West or when he was at SWMS.

+1

He was in a weak conference. MVC is considered a weak conference-UNI just showed how non-weak they were. Alford has done nothing until he does it in the tournament. Couldn't care less-glad he is gone.

Does it not strike anyone else funny that a fan base that lost 22 games and hasn't even sniffed the NCAA tourney in years is hacking on a former coach that just won 30 games and made it to the second round of the big dance?
I'm no Alford lover by any stretch of the imagination, but let it go people, we have serious problems of our own to worry about.

Does it not strike anyone else funny that a fan base that lost 22 games and hasn't even sniffed the NCAA tourney in years is hacking on a former coach that just won 30 games and made it to the second round of the big dance?

No, because Alford is a grade A *******, and he showed it again the other day by crapping on Iowa (with the help of Dodd, another grade a *******).

Alford is a big part of the reason why the Iowa basketball program is in the hole it is currently in.

I find it completely hilarious that his team just got their *** handed to them today after playing basically nobody all year and racking up meaningless win after meaningless win.

30 wins? Big friggin' deal when you were the #3 seed and just lost by 18 in the 2nd Round. It's as impressive as getting beat by a #14 Northwestern St. :mad:

schadenfreude-y enough to make me forget about the demise of our own program. But there have too many Alford threads and we should just quietly let the Lobos realize that they're destined to be just another good regular season team.

We'll be back.

No, because Alford is a grade A *******, and he showed it again the other day by crapping on Iowa (with the help of Dodd, another grade a *******).

Alford is a big part of the reason why the Iowa basketball program is in the hole it is currently in.

I find it completely hilarious that his team just got their *** handed to them today after playing basically nobody all year and racking up meaningless win after meaningless win.

30 wins? Big friggin' deal when you were the #3 seed and just lost by 18 in the 2nd Round. It's as impressive as getting beat by a #14 Northwestern St. :mad:

Jealous much?

Cause that is what you post sounds like...either that or you need to let it go and grow up....right now the ONLY reason Iowa BB is where it is lays on its former coach.

But really your post just is a bunch of jealousy.

I would hope most Hawk fans are smart enough not to bash a team that finished #8 in the country after we finished with 10 freaking wins.

I'm no Alford lover by any stretch of the imagination, but let it go people, we have serious problems of our own to worry about.[/QUOTE

x10

I was actually impressed with what SA accomplished this year. The bitter part of me can't understand where his JR Angle, Seth Gorney, Brody Boyd-like recruits are on that NM team because he has himself some players now. I guess those $,000 we paid him over the years were good educational investment $'s for someone else.

He did match his NCAA win total (all of 1) from Iowa now at New Mexico. I wonder when Craig Neal will get his chance as a head coach, then it'll be reeeally interesting how SA performs.

I would hope most Hawk fans are smart enough not to bash a team that finished #8 in the country after we finished with 10 freaking wins.

It appears to me that most Iowa fans get much more pleasure out of a New Mexico loss than an Iowa win.

That's pretty crazy.

Go Hawks!

GlidingHawk

Latest posts