Congrats to Phil Parker!!

Can't wait to see that "little bit of Norm Parker and little bit of Nick Saban wrapped into a final product". The more I read about his guy, the better. Don't underestimate the Hawkeye coaching staff family, or they leave to be a part of highly successful programs somewhere else. ;)

I'm excited about this hire. unfortunately we lost one of the best coordinators in the game in norm, but this gives us stability and a dc who actively recruits. I'm hoping to see an upgrade in recruiting success over the next few years. congrats Phil.

What a nice promotion for him. He has certainly earned it by working his butt off for 13 years as a Hawk coach.

As Sean Considine and other former Hawks like DJK have already said, he is very deserving and an outstanding coach.

Go get'em Phil!!
bump Im tired of reading ultimatims put on by hawk fans that have never hired a OC of DC. Get over yourselves and quit typing nonsense. If you dont like the way the program is going than dont go to the games or give any money. Go find something other to do than ***** about something you cant control.
Congrats KF on another solid move.

Good hire, and great coach. It is nice to see that KF is the type of coach that rewards those who work hard and pay their dues, instead of hiring some flavor of the month.....

Good hire, and great coach. It is nice to see that KF is the type of coach that rewards those who work hard and pay their dues, instead of hiring some flavor of the month.....

This.

Frankly, I was a bit concerned that if KF went out and hired a outsider that it would not be well-received among the staff and could create dissension. These guys spend so much time working together,you better not have a rift or someone who does not fit(evidently Coach K is an example) or it could really be a disaster.

I think that Phil is well-respected by his peers and his elevation would only motivate the rest of the staff who will see that hard work will be rewarded by KF.

From a technical standpoint, I think in this passing-centric era,having a secondary coach as d-coordinator makes sense. Stopping the passing game has become even more important these days.

From the articles I have read, Phil can be a real red-arse type of tough guy that you need to motivate his defensive players. Tough love kind of guy. Norm was a wise grandpa, but Phil will be more emotional...not a bad thing.

Latest posts