Congrats to Devan Bawinkle: Chris Street Award

storminspank

Justin VanLaere
May 2, 2010

DEVAN BAWINKEL EARNS CHRIS STREET AWARD

IOWA CITY - - Senior guard Devan Bawinkel has been named recipient of the Chris Street Award for the 2009-10 basketball season. Bawinkel received the award at tonight’s men’s basketball banquet.

The Chris Street Award is presented annually to a Hawkeye player, or players, who best exemplify the spirit, enthusiasm and intensity of Chris Street. Street was an Iowa basketball player who died in an auto accident in 1993, midway through his junior year.

Bawinkel (6-5, 215) played in all 32 games as the lone senior on last year’s team. He ranked fifth in Big Ten 3-point field goal percentage (.417, 20-of-48) this past season. During his Hawkeye career, he played in all 64 games, with 10 starts.

Bawinkel was a leader on-and-off the court, serving as a team co-captain and earning academic all-Big Ten accolades, his final season.

DROP THE AWARD and DROP IT NOW. I've got nothing against the kid. I've met the kid and (at the time) his future in laws. He's nice and they're good people as well. However, what this award now has become is: 'the white boy that plays occasionally and has done nothing to embarrass the team' award.

Thank you Coach Lickliter for cheapening what should be an honorable award. That's all right though, you're still Spanks COTY.

DROP THE AWARD and DROP IT NOW. I've got nothing against the kid. I've met the kid and (at the time) his future in laws. He's nice and they're good people as well. However, what this award now has become is: 'the white boy that plays occasionally and has done nothing to embarrass the team' award.

Thank you Coach Lickliter for cheapening what should be an honorable award. That's all right though, you're still Spanks COTY.

Can we drop you and drop you now?

Dumb Post!

As Marc Morehouse would say, pull yourself.

Christ Street Award Winners:

1993: Wade Lookingbill

1994: Jess Settles

1995: Jim Bartels

1996: Jess Settles

1997: Ryan Bowen and John Streif

1998: Darryl Moore

1999: Jason Bauer and Jess Settles

2000: Ryan Luehrsmann and Jason Price

2001: Dean Oliver

2002: Duez Henderson

2003: Jeff Horner

2004: Brody Boyd and Greg Brunner

2005: Adam Haluska

2006: Adam Haluska

2007: Tony Freeman

2008: Cyrus Tate

2009: Jarryd Cole

2010: Devan Bawinkle

15 of 22 recipients have been white...you were saying?

Christ Street Award Winners:

1993: Wade Lookingbill

1994: Jess Settles

1995: Jim Bartels

1996: Jess Settles

1997: Ryan Bowen and John Streif

1998: Darryl Moore

1999: Jason Bauer and Jess Settles

2000: Ryan Luehrsmann and Jason Price

2001: Dean Oliver

2002: Duez Henderson

2003: Jeff Horner

2004: Brody Boyd and Greg Brunner

2005: Adam Haluska

2006: Adam Haluska

2007: Tony Freeman

2008: Cyrus Tate

2009: Jarryd Cole

2010: Devan Bawinkle

15 of 22 recipients have been white...you were saying?

Not to mention that Bawinkle was the ONLY white guy to win the award under Lickliter, so he didn't turn into some kind of joke. I had a class with Devan last year, and he definitely wasn't there just to stay eligible. Always quick to add to the discussion, and always a good 10 minutes early to class.

This is one award I hope they keep giving out forever.

Not to mention that Bawinkle was the ONLY white guy to win the award under Lickliter, so he didn't turn into some kind of joke. I had a class with Devan last year, and he definitely wasn't there just to stay eligible. Always quick to add to the discussion, and always a good 10 minutes early to class.

This is one award I hope they keep giving out forever.

Maybe HawkFantastic will now realize that it's not an MVP award...judging by the rest of his post it sounds like he had sand in his diaper and just wanted to take a shot at Lickliter and Stormin and still hit "enter" even after realizing he may have been putting together the single dumbest post in the short history of this site...

Last edited:

Thanks for cheapening what was meant to be a positive note for Devan. You're an idiot.

Yikes. :confused:

loser.jpg

You seem a little stressed out -- must be on quite the dry spell with the ladies to fire off something like this....

Wow - HF finally got banned. The straw that broke the proverbial camel's back. Thank you Jon.

More importantly, THANK YOU and congrats to Devan.

Latest posts