Conference Tourney Root For List Friday March 8th

H8IAST8

Friday
Creighton over Drake (need Wichita St or Creighton to Win MVC)
Evansville over Indiana St (Indiana St is RPi 77) Evansville falls out of RPI 100
West Kentucky over La Monroe (RPI)
Columbia over Harvard (knock Harvard out of RPI 100)
Belmont over Tennessee St (Need Belmont to win so there is no chance of stealing an At Large)
Wichita St over Mo ST
UNI over Illinois St
Loyola Mary over Santa Clara (Need Santa Clara to fall out of RPI 100)
EDIT: BYU over San Diego

Last edited:
I'm also rooting for BYU over San Diego tournament today in the WCC. I don't think BYU is in unless they win the conference tournament, but they are good enough to beat St. Mary's tomorrow and knock the Gaels off the bubble.

I'm also rooting for BYU over San Diego tournament today in the WCC. I don't think BYU is in unless they win the conference tournament, but they are good enough to beat St. Mary's tomorrow and knock the Gaels off the bubble.

And BYU getting better might raise ISU, which gives us a better win. Little things at this point.

Only the biggest Iowa basketball nerds are going to follow this. I will be following this.

For the record, the Columbia/Harvard game is not a tourney game. Ivy League does not have a conference tourney.

Creighton won. We also want this so Wichita State or (preferably) UNI can advance to play Creighton in the championship and help bump that RPI.

Last edited:
Creighton won. We also want this so Wichita State or (preferably) UNI can beat Creighton in the championship and help bump that RPI.

No way in hell do we want UNI winning the MVC tourney. That would steal another at-large spot. Hopefully they make the finals though.

Western Kentucky wins
Harvard wins
Belmont wins
Wichita St wins
Kent St beating Akron is good too. Not in their conference tourney, so it could eliminate the at large opportunity for Akron.

If Belmont or Akron are the 38 (or however many there are now) best at-large teams based on RPI, then the RPI is as bad as the BCS.

Latest posts