Conference Title not out of the Question

Mularky. I didn't get banned for throwing a fit after a loss and getting so posterior-sore that I wouldn't stand to stick around. U jus mad U didn't get a TA invite.

i didn't even know TA existed! now that's stealth.

also, i won football poster of the year for that thread, remember?

FTFY.

With all due respect, I'm getting tired of people getting carried away with that WM vs MSU compared to WM vs IA score, and overlooking the Corey Davis injury. Not that his presence would have made that much difference anyway for real, but, just sayn.

I certainly don't wanna speak for OLWPAORWWM (sp?) but...

Corey Davis's presence wouldn't account for nearly the 43 point difference between MSU and Iowa's only common opponent, so...

Advantage still Iowa?

I'll agree to that. I've been reading this board for a couple years, but couldn't bring myself to become a poster because people totally flip out early in the season after we lose to Moo U. Now that we've gotten that monkey off my back, I decided to join since it's seemed a little less kooky around here lately.

So you can only read message boards during adversity and chime in when you believe things are good.

Listen most everyone was predicting a good start to the season, it was the finish that is the concern. That finish starts with Ohio State. Guess will see in a couple weeks if your posting anymore or not.

Happy to have you but guess will see for how long. :)

Last edited:
Michigan St. played Western Michigan and only beat them by 13. Iowa beat them by 56. Advantage Iowa.
Michigan St. is averaging 1.7 points per game better on defense, but Iowa is 4 points better per game on offense. Advantage Iowa.
Michigan St's QB is both inaccurate and cannot run. Our QB is none of those things. Advantage Iowa.

Iowa beats MSU by 13+. Fact.

Guess Iowa doesn't even need to show up.

Gonna wait until after next. But even if we beat MSU (which we certainly CAN)...the next 3 games will be a huge test...if we are competetive...even in a couple losses..I will feel good about a good bowl. B1G champs is more than I dare to dream currently though.

didn't say you were bud, but this fanbase is. the thread titles after wins and losses are almost comical in their extremes. and this is coming from a guy who asked to be banned.
To be fair every fanbase behaves in the same way, and even more extremely in some places - the northeast comes to mind. It's just the way sports fans are.

To be fair every fanbase behaves in the same way, and even more extremely in some places - the northeast comes to mind. It's just the way sports fans are.

i'm sure it's true of all sports message boards. it's where the most intense fans come together to be fanatics.

I certainly don't wanna speak for OLWPAORWWM (sp?) but...

Corey Davis's presence wouldn't account for nearly the 43 point difference between MSU and Iowa's only common opponent, so...

Advantage still Iowa?

Not saying WM would have won, just that people overlooking Davis absence when boasting about the score bugs me a lil. And yea I was nit-picking kinda. And, IA could have easily added another 7 on top of that, in the end - fact.

Last edited:
i'm sure it's true of all sports message boards. it's where the most intense fans come together to be fanatics.

This is true but this board has a lot of Loony tune posts after a win against a team who has beaten no one week in and week out.

I hope we can defend Pryor's passing. AFC West title not out of the question. Question for Jeremy the OP: if Northwestern has played a fluff schedule so far, what do you call Iowa's schedule?

My winning Powerball, Hot Lotto, and MegaMillions next week isn't out of the question either. If I do I will throw an epic party and you are all invited!

Just remember, Earl... if you buy a lottery ticket, or if you don't buy a lottery ticket, your odds of winning are about the same..

Latest posts