Conference Call w/ Barta

I got through and asked about the new video boards. Said the north end zone will span the entire width of where current video board is. In other words it will be big. South end zone will get a couple new boards, smaller than south end zone of course. And there will be a video ribbon. Can't wait to see it.

I missed the first 25 minutes because they dropped me about a minute after they called, and I couldn't get back in (busy signal, then conf code "invalid")

I got through and asked about the new video boards. Said the north end zone will span the entire width of where current video board is. In other words it will be big. South end zone will get a couple new boards, smaller than south end zone of course. And there will be a video ribbon. Can't wait to see it.

So besides a new big-azz video boards, what are the headlines from the call?

I missed the first 25 minutes because they dropped me about a minute after they called, and I couldn't get back in (busy signal, then conf code "invalid")

You didn't miss anything. I hung up after the first 15 minutes. 1st caller was Walt from Independence and he wanted to know if Barta is related to a priest from Dubuque and another priest from Walker that had the last name Barta. Dead serious, that was his question.

Somebody asked about the video boards and the possibility of playing NU at Wrigley then Burnette from WDM got on the line. She was concerned about the re-seating 2014, so concerned she didn't have a question about it. She then went on to state that she recently had some surgery done and it was going to be difficult for her to get up and down the steps at Kinnick. She wanted to know why nobody was ever around to help her to and from her seat and why there were no railings going up the steps and out the tunnels.

At at point I said screw it and hung up. Props to Barta and Dolph for keeping straight faces during this.

You didn't miss anything. I hung up after the first 15 minutes. 1st caller was Walt from Independence and he wanted to know if Barta is related to a priest from Dubuque and another priest from Walker. Dead serious, that was his question.

Somebody asked about the video boards and the possibility of playing NU at Wrigley then Burnette from WDM got on the line. She was concerned about the re-seating 2014, so concerned she didn't have a question about it. She then went on to state that she recently had some surgery done and it was going to be difficult for her to get up and down the steps at Kinnick. She wanted to know why nobody was ever around to help her to and from her seat and why there were no railings going up the steps and out the tunnels.

At at point I said screw it and hung up. Props to Barta and Dolph for keeping straight faces during this.

I hope Iowa doesn't play NU at Wrigley. I will probably die.

You missed Leo from Arizona.

So Iowa is going to play Noter Dame at New Comiskey?? When???

I think you have your directions mixed up. South Endzone is where the current scoreboard is. Does sound cool.

Probably a good thing it was dead air. Most of these callers make Tommy from Des Moines look like a genius.

I wouldn't go that far but yes plenty of blue hairs.

Also why in the hell did Dolph keep bringing up Missouri when talking about expansion? they won't be leaving the SEC.