Conditioning an early walk-up call for Iowa basketball

It scares me a bit. I mean are we going to regret that when posts are trying to get position in the Big 10.

John Wooden said (paraphrasing) , I'll take the quick player over the big player. Because if I get there first, it doesn't matter how big you are.

Good write-up by Dochterman...

Conditioning an early walk-up call for Iowa basketball | GazetteOnline.com

Eric May can bench 300+?
That's freakin impressive.

I was at prime time last night and the thing I noticed was that the guys appear a bit more lean.

Payne- looks to be down maybe 5-7 pound
May- Looks to be down 5-7 pounds I though
Cougill- He looks to be down 10+ pounds. His face does not look quite as chubby as it did last season
Gatens- He looked pretty skinny I thought about 10 pound lighter
Brommer- He looked a bit more slim maybe 5 pounds like Cully

That is what I noticed and I guess the article states why the guys might look a tad different.

Not only is it good to see Fran bringing structure, getting the team on the same page, and not wasting time implementing his new system...He has gotten the players on board and they seem to be embracing him and his style. Even if it doesn't translate into 6 or so more wins, it appears to be improving morale and comradey which is never a bad thing.

Keep it up Fran!

SIGN #256 THAT YOU'RE BASKETBALL PROGRAM HAS FALLEN TO NEW DEPTHS:

A small article about conditioning and early wake up calls gets you excited about the future. :)

Hard to have a night life if you are always getting up so early....

Another good move by Coach McCaffery.

Naaaahhhhhh, very easy to have a night liife. Leave the bars at 2:00. Go to an after hours somewhere followed by breakfast at Perkins. From there you hit conditioning workouts early and make it looks like you're more dedicated than those showing at at 5:55. Sure, maybe you'll need an aspirin or 5 and lots of water, but it's all in the name of getting your party on.

A small article about conditioning and early wake up calls gets you excited about the future. :)

I would say it is one of the many positivie steps that Fran has made since coming to Iowa. You don't raise the program without making positive steps, therefore I am optimistic that we are finally headed in the right direction.

I would say it is one of the many positivie steps that Fran has made since coming to Iowa. You don't raise the program without making positive steps, therefore I am optimistic that we are finally headed in the right direction.

I agree completely.

I like it. It will be nice to have well-conditioned players that aren't wore out at the end of the game (and season).

More like a sign that it is summer and there is nothing to talk about. Man I miss the coaching search, expansion talk, etc.

Latest posts