Condensed "Hot Mike" comments

Except that he wasn't supposed to be on air. For all we know, Dolph has lawyered up and is getting ready to pound somebody in court.
Either way, I'm going to cash in on this soap opera.

I'm gonna make up #Team MayDay and #Team Dolph shirts and let everyone out there decide for themselves. One gold on black and one black on gold. Just like Vegas I don't give two hot damns who wins. I'm playing both sides of the fence.

@RobHowe , which one you want me to put you down for? You get the admin discount; yours is only $45.

Either way, I'm going to cash in on this soap opera.

I'm gonna make up #Team MayDay and #Team Dolph shirts and let everyone out there decide for themselves. One gold on black and one black on gold. Just like Vegas I don't give two hot damns who wins. I'm playing both sides of the fence.

@RobHowe , which one you want me to put you down for? You get the admin discount; yours is only $45.
$45......haha

It's SOOO Iowa to have one of their best starts in 20 years and have a controversy to help cloud it all.
If Iowa’s coaching staff and players are giving a crap about this “controversy” then

200w.gif

He is under contract, but they wouldn't have to buy him out.

They could fire him for cause (making negative remarks on air). Happens to news people and broadcasters all the time.

I'm no lawyer but getting fired because you criticized the team on air? I could see it if he made a racist remark, dropped an f-bomb, something along those lines but to fire him because he criticized the coach and a player...that's pretty snow-flakey.

The Federal Court just handed down an injunction against the President of the United States for relieving a d-bag reporter for being an ass on national tv of his press pass to the WH

but

an inept AD can suspend a play-by-play announcer a couple of games for saying a couple of true statements on regional radio.

America in the 21st century

There is a link to Dophin's comments on The Drudge Report. How can Barta be this stupid? By suspending him, all he did was draw more negative attention to the University. This athletic administration is absolutely and completely tone deaf.

There is a link to Dophin's comments on The Drudge Report. How can Barta be this stupid? By suspending him, all he did was draw more negative attention to the University. This athletic administration is absolutely and completely tone deaf.

Make no mistake, Dolph was wrong for what he did, how he did it, and when he did it. That type of conversation is for the bar--AFTER the game.

But after the suspension AND the "tension" comment, I am now all-in for Dolph.

It's no coincidence that, a few years ago, Fran (on ESPN radio) went on and on about how his wife is such a big fan of Barack Obama. No doubt Fran is, too. That's exactly how these d-bags roll. They get called out for incompetence, so they sic the "machinery" of bureaucracy on whoever illuminates their incompetence/greed/corruption/etc.

If Fran ends up getting what he obviously wants and Dolph is fired, Fran & Barta better hope this season doesn't tank like we're all dreading. Everyone's going to be saying Dolph was right and wrong guy was fired.

BTW, this athletic dept sure seems to have a lot of drama under Barta's watch. Maybe Greasebomb & Jane were good gals after all.
How many games has Fran been suspended for his psychotic breaks and vulgarity on the sidelines in his career? Directed at officials? Isn't that suspension worthy? Certainly is embarrassing for the University, no?

Make no mistake, Dolph was wrong for what he did, how he did it, and when he did it. That type of conversation is for the bar--AFTER the game.

It's no coincidence that, a few years ago, Fran (on ESPN radio) went on and on about how his wife is such a big fan of Barack Obama. No doubt Fran is, too. That's exactly how these d-bags roll. They get called out for incompetence, so they sic the "machinery" of bureaucracy on whoever illuminates their incompetence/greed/corruption/etc.
Gosh I miss those White House press briefings with Barack, and those biting, rude, accusatory questions directed at him.

"Why do so many think you are an amazing leader?"

"Where do you keep your Nobel Prize?"

"I am amazed you haven't been given a Congressional Medal of Honor, what are your thoughts Mr. President?"

How many games has Fran been suspended for his psychotic breaks and vulgarity on the sidelines in his career? Directed at officials? Isn't that suspension worthy? Certainly is embarrassing for the University, no?
He got a one game suspension from the league after getting tossed at the Kohl Center in Jan. 2014.

He was reprimended by Barta for slamming the chair to the floor during a time out at the Breslin Center in 2012. Barta publicly said Fran "Crossed the line."'

He got a one game suspension from the league after getting tossed at the Kohl Center in Jan. 2014.

He was reprimended by Barta for slamming the chair to the floor during a time out at the Breslin Center in 2012. Barta publicly said Fran "Crossed the line."'
I guess I just don't see how that is equitable. Barta is afraid of the coaches. The "Hot Mike" comments were not vulgar, or racist (whatever that is in the hour) or much of anything other than the truth. Fran is a repeat offender, out of control psycho, who is demeaning towards officials and others.

lol. Exactly! And Matt Whitaker just doesn't know how to play the game apparently. Did Donnie really believe that bonehead was gonna save his pathetic arse? :p

When you say an elite point guard are we saying he has to be a 5 star? Gessel and Cmac are both 4 star recruits. I know it hurts losing Iowa High School players to the blue bloods. I am cautiously optimistic about tonights game. Will it be comedy or tragedy?