Condensed "Hot Mike" comments

I am kind of enjoying this. I like Dolph as a Hawkeye, I don't love him as a PXP. I imagine this is his last season at Iowa and both parties move on after this season. I think the suspension is bogus, not deserved and kind of chicken shit. It wasn't that bad of a comment imo.

I just like that it's getting people riled up and some people are like "well, he's right, Iowa needs guards da dar dar" ignoring that Iowa shut down those guards in the 2nd half, like shut em down. What did their guards score in the 2nd half? 10 pts combined? Meanwhile, they had no answer for Joe Wieskamp.

It's SOOO Iowa to have one of their best starts in 20 years and have a controversy to help cloud it all.

The suspension is dumb as *uck. Especially considering the perfect replacement for Dolph would be Chris Hassel, and he would be in hot water right away. When Iowa is bad, he is a passionate fan and would say things probably worse than this.

While the suspension is stupid, it is time for Dolph to move on. If Iowa wouldn't want Chris Hassel as a PXP guy they could get Brent Balbada (Sp?), he is a quality PXP guys and has been honing his skills at Toledo the last few years probably getting even better.

This is kinda silly. But there’s a lot of that going around.

People suspended from Facebook...
People suspended from Twitter...
People not allowed to speak on college campuses...
People losing their businesses and fines on personal property...

All because they have a different viewpoint.

I am kind of enjoying this. I like Dolph as a Hawkeye, I don't love him as a PXP. I imagine this is his last season at Iowa and both parties move on after this season. I think the suspension is bogus, not deserved and kind of chicken shit. It wasn't that bad of a comment imo.

I just like that it's getting people riled up and some people are like "well, he's right, Iowa needs guards da dar dar" ignoring that Iowa shut down those guards in the 2nd half, like shut em down. What did their guards score in the 2nd half? 10 pts combined? Meanwhile, they had no answer for Joe Wieskamp.

It's SOOO Iowa to have one of their best starts in 20 years and have a controversy to help cloud it all.

Is Dolph under contract? If so, would he have to be bought out? I wonder how it works with him?

The suspension is dumb as *uck. Especially considering the perfect replacement for Dolph would be Chris Hassel, and he would be in hot water right away. When Iowa is bad, he is a passionate fan and would say things probably worse than this.

While the suspension is stupid, it is time for Dolph to move on. If Iowa wouldn't want Chris Hassel as a PXP guy they could get Brent Balbada (Sp?), he is a quality PXP guys and has been honing his skills at Toledo the last few years probably getting even better.

Brent Balbinot, I actually know him, he is a good guy. He for a while was the play-by-play for Iowa women's hoops. He would be a great replacement for Dolphin.

Balbinot_Web.jpg

Another one would be Mike Grimm, he use to work for WMT and is an Iowan. He hosted the Iowa football post game shows back int he day. He then took a job in St Louis doing Cardinals games. His wife however, is a native Minnesota who got home sick, so Mike landed the play-by-play announcing for the Gophers. Mike is really, really good!! He's a super cool guy as well.

Michael-Grimm.jpg

I keep hearing Hassel's name as a likely replacement, and I get it because he was in DM and ESPN, but does he have a lot of PxP experience? Like has he called games else where?

Who would want the job? Working for/with that dipshit Barta? No thanks. Of course, you'd own his ass in contract negotiations...so, you'd have that going for you.

If I was Dolph I wouldn't come back, go out like a man. Don't come back apologizing like a little sissy.

What I said was true, you don't like it, tough sht...mike shouldn't have been on, it wasn't professional for me to say it over the air, I should have known better, but what I said was spot on, take the pain, you certainly have caused enough of it Fran, and Super AD.

If Fran ends up getting what he obviously wants and Dolph is fired, Fran & Barta better hope this season doesn't tank like we're all dreading. Everyone's going to be saying Dolph was right and wrong guy was fired.

BTW, this athletic dept sure seems to have a lot of drama under Barta's watch. Maybe Greasebomb & Jane were good gals after all.

He is under contract, but they wouldn't have to buy him out.

They could fire him for cause (making negative remarks on air). Happens to news people and broadcasters all the time.
Except that he wasn't supposed to be on air. For all we know, Dolph has lawyered up and is getting ready to pound somebody in court.

It was Dolph's "The Emperor has no Clothes" moment. He said what every Iowa fan has said, thought, or written about on blogs. Fran cannot recruit a point guard. Dolph apologized for his comments, but the incompetent dolt of an AD instead of moving on, made another PR blunder and drug it out, and whiny lil' Fran pushed it.

Dolph does fine with football, but does have trouble keeping up in b-ball. But he does not deserve this. I was thinking about going to the Wisconsin game, but F*** Fran and F*** Barta, I'm voting with my dollars.

Last edited:
It was Dolph's "The Emperor has no Clothes" moment. He said what every Iowa fan has said, thought, or written about on blogs. Fran cannot recruit a point guard. Dolph apologized for his comments, but the incompetent dolt of an AD instead of moving on, made another PR blunder and drug it out.

Dolph does fine with football, but does have trouble keeping up in b-ball. But he does not deserve this.
"Yes, Coach Fran, I know you are very upset and your face is red and you want to have Dolph dumped but back to my question, why haven't you been able to recruit a top level PG in all your years on the job, when most of the teams you play seem to have one or two on the roster? Any comments, for the record, mike is on."